PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
non-smokers are less repulsed by aros
That, and that they stay lit easily and burn smoothly all day.
Some of us love our semi-aromatics like Prince Albert. Mostly tobacco taste, with some added complementary flavor.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Guys who are snooty about aros always remind me of the guys who are snooty in other arenas. Whether it's whiskey drinkers knocking mixed drinks, wine drinkers knocking blushes, or beer drinkers knocking light beers, my answer is always the same: if you have to be a snob about other people's preferences, you're probably missing the point of these "vices"; which of course, is pleasure.
pfft! This is super common in just about everything... everyone likes to look down on everyones else preferences to make themselves far more superior that what they truly are.

We've turned into a "team" mentality society... Team Apple, Team Microsoft, Team Democrat, Team Republican, Team Aro's, Team English, Jesus Christ... It always comes down to TEAM this or that... and god forbid your from the "OTHER" team 'cause we'll kick your ass for being stupid. ... SMH!
I mostly smoke Latakia blends, the more Latakia the better... but I do enjoy a good cross over every so often... like Shortcut to Mushrooms, Frog Mortons Cellar, etc..

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Jesus Christ... It always comes down to TEAM this or that...
Damn right I'm on a team! I'm the captain of Team Apathetic and we look down our noses with disdain to those that dare to be indifferent to us.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
phil nailed it!
This is the first I've heard that he has accepted the role of Captain. He became captain with a total of 0 votes which we, the members, did not cast at the latest team meeting which was never called or scheduled. The member who was to schedule the meeting had other things to do. phil was elected by a silent vote of the non-attending and distinctly disinterested members. He had attended the meeting strictly by accident and as the only member in attendance was elected unanimously.
He can also be addressed as; His Wizardness, Grand and Munificant Shoulder Shrugger" or "Hey You."

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If I'm out and about with my pipe I do pretty much only have aromatics in order to please the crowd. I keep my VaPers or straight VAs for myself or when I'm out with pipe/cigar buddies.
I think I'll always have a pension for a good aromatic. It's what I started on and what kept me going with the pipe in the early years.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Heat-treated Borkum Riff Bourbon Whisky is top-shelf in the flavor department. Hearth & Home Classic Burley Kake is a non-fussy, always-satisfying smoke with an inoffensive room note.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Just finished a couple bowls of W.O. Larsen 150th Anniversary Blend this evening. A very nice fruity, vanilla aro. Also enjoy many of the Sutliff aros like EGR, County Cork, and of course Molto Dolce. C&D Autumn Evening is a great aro as well.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
wine drinkers knocking blushes

Nothing wrong with blushes, but if that's the only wine you have ever had you may be missing out on lots of other great tasting stuff. If a big red or a rich chardonnay doesn't do it for you then no big deal, stick with blushes. It's the same with baccy, if you've never had a great Virginia or English blend then you owe it to yourself to give them a fair shake (not just one bowl). If they don't brown your butter then stick with your aros. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Mar 1, 2014
My favourite aromatics.
Ennerdale! If you can get past the feeling of being beaten to death with a bouquet of roses, it tastes like gummy bears. This is also the only blend I've ever tried where the flavour gets stronger mid-bowl.
Frosty Mint! If you can get past the feeling of being beaten to death with a candy cane, it tastes like more Candy Canes!
Ok now the regular stuff.
Sutliff Top Shelf. Burns great and has flavour out the wazoo.
Sutliff Mountain Pass. The tin says it tastes like pudding, and it does.
Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme. Amazing crossover blend, it basically tastes like a mildly spicy cake.
Scotty's Butternut Burly. I haven't smoked this in a year but my memories were very good. Low maintenance and good flavour.
And of course all the Frog Mortons. I've only tried two but they're both great, with Frog Morton's Cellar being one of my absolute most favorite aromatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.