Are You Going to Buy Carolina Red Flake Tomorrow?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
According to all your resonance, this seems to be a spectacular tobacco. Is there any other blend that is at least a bit comparable to it?

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Are the virginias really 4 years old? How often does this blend become available?

Yes they are saying they had a supply on hand and just released it once every fall. In the 1st year (2016) they recalled it for mold. This is from the same Red Virginia used since 2015. Now it has run out so it will be curious to see what next fall offers.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
I have 10 tins from last year, so I'll sit this one out. I'm just hoping that my tins don't suffer the same fate that the first run did in 2016, when the whole run was recalled because of widespread mold issues.

I saw that mentioned in the reviews and wondered what happens after something like that. Is it tough luck? Do the tobacco companies reimburse or replace? How do pipe-smokers regain confidence in said blend?

Jun 23, 2019
I was considerably excited by the original release but after the mold scare have been rather put off. Would any daring individuals who had been lucky enough to get some of the previous releases care to share their impressions on the blend? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.