Are Peterson tobaccos being discontinued?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Following a discussion in the PM Facebook group about Peterson tobaccos no longer being sold in Ireland, I went looking at e-tailers. I was seeing "No longer available" notices on many, including my beloved Old Dublin. I did some rather frantic searching - I do not smoke a lot of OD, but it is a favorite - I was able to secure several tins.

Does anyone have any solid information on these blends?

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
As far as I know, they are not being discontinued. They will no longer be available in some areas though, and some of their less sold blends might be put out of production. This info comes from The Danish Pipeshop where I purchase most of my tobacco, and Peterson will no longer be available there. So no more for me, alas, although it's not that much of a loss. I'll miss the Perfect Plug. Some of their blends can be found with different names in the Rattray's line.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
What I am going to say is all just my thoughts from what I have read and the facts from the sale of Peterson
Peterson of Dublin was sold. When the sale happened, The Laudsi (sp) Group purchased the pipes and name and STG acquired the tobaccos.
STG announced that they would be trimming the number of tobaccos produced down to 7 or 9 or something along those lines.
(here is where I'm totally guessing on what is happening)
I would guess that STG is letting the old Peterson of Dublin tins of tobacco purge from the market. They are probably working on re-branding the labels and gearing up for a re-release of them to the market. Now, in the original press release I read, 3P's was going to be cut from production, but now people are saying that it will still be produced.

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
I am getting the same...no longer available...only on a few blends though.I wonder if they are doing away with just some,or eventually all.

ernieq

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2018
Rumor is that STG/Lane, the manufacturer, will also be picking up the distribution of Peterson Tobacco at some point. No word on when.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Sad news. Hope they don’t disappear and also hope the recipes aren’t altered too much. Peterson has some rock solid blends

Status
Not open for further replies.