PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grove53

Lurker
Sep 17, 2014
Does anyone have any info on the Ardor Erro line of pipes. I got a pipe last week that has Ardor, Erro, Italy, 504 and the number 28 in an oval. Its a tan sandblast, Canadian shape, unsmoked and originally purchased in 1995. I've done some digging on the internet but can't find anything on Ardor Erros. The seller included the original sales slip from Tobacco Road in Nashville, TN. The pipe sold for $49.50 with tax. I paid quite a bit more than that but I have a couple of Ardor Uranos that are among my favorite smokers and I really like Canadians. Someone mentioned that Erro is Portuguese for "second" but I have read more than once that Ardor does not put their name on substandard pipes. The draw hole in the bottom of the bowl is just a couple of hairs off center (not sure this is all that uncommon with Canadians. I have a $400 Canadian that also has the draw hole a tushy hair off center) but other than that the fit and finish are top notch. I've also found that Erro is the name of a lunar crater.

Would appreciated any schooling on this. I love learning about pipes.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Photos would be appreciated, and in some cases, essential to giving the best answers.
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
According to several different internet dictionary searches, erro means error or mistake in Italian, so my guess is that you have a very nice Ardor second.

dockthomas

Lurker
Oct 17, 2018
The Erro Ardor pipes are from the mid to late 70’s definitely not a second but one of the first Ardors when In 1974 Dorelio Rovera, with his father Angelo, established the Ardor Pipe, name which comes from the "AR" (Angelo Rovera) and "DOR" (Dorelio Rovera), changing a medium quality level production into a completely handcrafted product, with a very high level of design and finishing.
I collect Ardors and love them. I only have one Erro with the panellessa stem and love how the widened almost fishtail bit makes it easy to clench. Congrats on the awesome find!

Status
Not open for further replies.