Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
On Sunday, I finally smoked an entire bowl, from brim to bottom, with only one match. I know this matters not at all, but it is a goal I had set for myself so it feels amazing to go from 6-8 relights to 0. Loaded my BC billiard with Mac Baren Burley London Blend, 3 or 4 PBR and some good tunes on a Sunday. Just perfect.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
As you said, it's true that in the grand scheme of things, it might carry only a small weight, but in our personal lives, it's those goals and their achievements that help us stay on track. In addition, in the pipe smoking world, it is definitely an achievement! Congrats!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It's a step in gaining proficiency at something, by how you want to define it. Sounds good to me.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
While re-lights don't bother me in the least, there is something definitely satisfying about smoking through a full bowl without any.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
8OThis may say something about ME and not anyone else, but I've been overcome with happy giggles mid bowl. I would stop right away, though, and think: "This is the best kind of crazy." :puffy:

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Thanks everyone, if it wasn't for this fine forum and all the helpful members herein I'd (likely) have given up the pipe long ago.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's nifty. It usually sneaks up on me when I have my attention elsewhere. Then look, no relights no dottle. How about that? Tobacco being a little dry seems to help.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
I am recovering from burns on my hand and my wife is filling the pipe and holding the match. I am reaching point where we only need relight once after hating light. Shel

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Cosmic, no reason to bring attention to the shortfalls of the weak and ignorant?!? How about the fact that we can't get attention otherwise?! The weak and ignorant have no holidays or events to bring attention to us. We wander the streets every day, hoping that someone will bring the light. Being weak and ignorant has such a social stigma. Just because someone is weak/ignorant with shortfalls doesn't mean they aren't strong and brilliant.... okay, well maybe it does, but still...

pipemarshal82

Lurker
Apr 19, 2016
I have one of those pipes too! I need to smoke it more. Congrats!!! Some of the best moments happen while smoking a pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.