PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmooner

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2011
Sherman, Texas
After thinking about it, I feel that I owe the membership an apology for lambasting the "new" format and change in general. It is OK that we may disagree about any number of things, but that disagreement does not mean that our/your opponents in any discussion are stupid or , as one administrator said, the lower end of the learning curve. For example, I personally hate Latakia in any form, but does not mean that it is necessarily a "bad " thing, only that I do not like it. I may not like Fords either, but that does not mean that all you others are some sort of mental dwarf. Lets enjoy each others opinions and frienships and, in some(many) cases, just agree to disagree and press on. Life is too short. Have fun even if it is a shock to your system to learn that others don't think the way that you do (or even think for that matter).
OldMooner

hsnzz

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2018
chicagopipeclub.com
Life is too short. Have fun even if it is a shock to your system to learn that others don't think the way that you do (or even think for that matter).
Wise words. I absolutely agree - its quite alright to disagree with someone without lambasting their point of view. Its make for a less stressful existence for all parties.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
These kind of things come with any forum format change, its to be expected, don't sweat it.
I'm still struggling with some of the changes from my perspective and figuring out new ways to monitor specific forum sections.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I find a listing of "dislikes" boorish. On the other hand stating why one likes/enjoys something is, for me, informative. I find the above apology interesting in that, the "oldmooner" feels the need to point out he doesn't like "Ford" or "latakia" even as he writes his "mea culpa." And, he feels that any/all who disagree with him are opponents.

Welcome aboard! You will bring an interesting/entertaining perspective to the various discussions. I look forward to your participation.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I knew in advance I don't like change in tech/digital matters, so I took a different tack and got myself to regard it as a game, the changeover I mean. Since it turned out to be surmountable, in the sense that I could establish a password and continue to participate, I'm pretty happy with the change, if not yet the new site altogether. The spell-check is making me talk crazy (or even crazier) if I don't proofread carefully. I haven't yet discovered wrinkles that might win me over. But I've managed not to be reflexive in my response. Give yourself a break, and other members as well; things are going pretty well. I hope this site lasts a long time, with appropriate updates as needed.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Is the new site really that hard to adjust to?? Where's the hard part that has people grousing? You reset your password and then basically you can do everything you used to do before, read posts and occasionally comment.

It just doesn't seem that much different than the previous version.. at least compared to what they might have done.

Last edited:
Reactions: litup

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People who didn't grow up with digital technology (me) or who had a fairly unpleasant introduction to it (me), a lot of what is intuitively obvious to others is irritating and abrasive to us. But logs is right, as these things go, the site update is pretty user friendly, and I'd be the poster child for that.

Reactions: bnichols23

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
[People who didn't grow up with digital technology (me) /QUOTE] And me. The only thing that bothers me is getting used to the navigation. That is a personal peeve with me. I inherently do not like change, just me though...

Status
Not open for further replies.