PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
... a little better than what?
Please tell me you're not comparing Nightcap to Royal Yacht.
Yeah, that's like comparing 1-Q to S.G 1792!
I enjoy RY on occasion just as I enjoy a fish dish rather than a meat dish on occasion.

Tobacco blend taste's are indeed a fickle friend. :wink:

Reactions: Friendly Piper

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
First off ... welcome to the forum Scrooge! :)
While both NC and RY are good in terms of Nic-kick, they are incomparable flavor-wise.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
thanks for the welcome I agree they taste nothing alike ry does burn an taste better . but I'm 2weeks into stopping cigs an nightcap does the job for my morning fix most of the time

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
If Pipestud has chimed in and stated there's nothing quite like it except the brigham match then there's your answer. However you should try some of the stronger flakes like Peterson Irish flake, University flake, Macbaren's Old dark fired etc... Even though they aren't the same you may enjoy the strength of them.
Andy, I enjoy Irish Flake and MacBaren's Old Dark Fired on a regular basis. I am just trying to determine whether Brigham's Hudson's Bay has a nicotine content similar to that of Royal Yacht. If it does, then Hudson's Bay will send me to Hog Heaven.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
@buroak I haven't tried the Orlik RY yet but the brigham version had a really strong nic hit, where I'd have to take a break after a few puffs, and I'm not a nic lightweight. I was going cross-eyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.