PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I just recently found out that the makers of Cool Water cologne, also blend tobaccos. If you've tried them, what was the experience like?

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I have a sample of Cool Water, given to me by their trademark rep several years back.
So, no, no, never tried their blends.

goalee1

Might Stick Around
Jan 21, 2012
They're one of the original Cigar manufactures. High end, light to medium cigars with impeccable construction. The cologne thing I think broke off, of the accessories i.e. wallets bags briefcases that they do for the Wall Street guys. That being said, I had a buddy give me a sample of some Davi sweet mix which I really liked but can't' seem to find it anywhere. G1

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I tried Davidoff Royalty. It was actually a nice blend, smoked relatively cool and had some nice oriental sweetness to it.
What drove me nuts is the Latakia in it. I just can't seem to tolerate Lats well, so I just gave the rest of the tin to BaronSamedi during our Dallas meet a couple of weeks ago.
He can chime in whether he liked it or not, but that has been the extent of my experience with Davidoff. I haven't seen much in their offering that would tempt me, so at this time, it may be my only experience for a while too.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I've been wondering about flakes. I think that when I get some cash, I may go with some Davidoff flakes.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've tried Royalty as well and I agree with Mich; a nice blend (though I think I appreciated the latakia more than he did).
One question to guitarguy, are you a rep for "Cool Water"? I had no idea what it was but after you referenced it a few times I had to Google it.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Lol Bigvan is s sucker for the finer things.
Can't blame him though.
It's hard for me to distinguish between colognes out of the bottle. On other people sure, but sniffing it out of the bottle they're usually so potent I just smell the perfumey alcoholic smells and can't tell Drakkar Noir from Brut. :rofl:
The ladies love some Drakkar. 8)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I smoked a few Davidoff blends years ago and liked a couple if memory serves. A buddy of mine owns a cigar store and carries the Davidoff brand and had to take in some pipe tobacco. When I was into cigars he would sell me Davi's for ten percent over cost. Great cigars but pricey as hell even with my deal.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The Davidoff Royalty was pretty good, but I will probably end up gifting most of it. I liked it, just not as much as my regular Englishes. I've never had Cool Water either. I like Armani and Boss colognes. Hugo Boss Dark Blue is one of the best ever. If you wear it, you will need to hire someone to clear the way through all the womens' panties that are being thrown at you.

lateeno

Lurker
Jul 11, 2012
Royalty Davidoff is excellent only if u have a sweet tooth , high quality , good balance , but too sweet . Maybe it is only me , but davidoff english mixture is more balanced could be an all day smoke . The danish mixture is a great mixture if you like high quality aromatics . The red mixture is a loser , heavy topping .

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Interesting, I learned some new things today.
First off, I learned that Davidoff produces more than just tobacco and tobacco related products. I knew Dunhill had all but given up on the products that made their name, but always figured Davidoff stayed true to the leaf.

I also learned that Baron and I share taste in not only tobacco, music and libation, but also cologne.
Coincidentally, this interview with Michael Gladis of Mad Men fame was shot in the smoking lounge of the Davidoff store in Manhattan.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
This video was shot by this site's grand poomba in the Davidoff store in Manhattan ;-)
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-manufacturer-retailer-spotlight/davidoff-madison-avenue-in-a-class-all-its-own/
@Kevin: you're welcome :rofl:

Jul 12, 2011
+1 on their Flake meds (coin cut), mmm-mm-good,

http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/davidoff/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=29702

Jul 15, 2011
I tried their English Mixture, which despite its name is actually a really high quality aromatic. Tasted pretty good, had a tendency to bite if you're not careful with it. It's the only aromatic I have tried that I could not retrohale. Don't know what it was but blowing the smoke out of my nose just flat out hurt with that blend. I have yet to try anything else by them.

ahpui

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2012
Got the Danish blend, a bit sweet in tin note but no tounge bite with cool and smooth smoke. Like it better then the royalty for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.