Anyone Looked at Themselves in a Mirror with their Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Alright! I went and looked in the mirror. As usual only my underwear show up, no image of my handsome countenance is reflected back from the mirror. I've never had a mirror which works. I've looked but, nothing in the stores work either. No reflection in windows or doors. Is it me?

Jun 4, 2014
I can't say I've went to a mirror intentionally, but the few times I've seen myself with a pipe I always think "Man what a goofy looking bald guy with a pipe." As I'm goofy looking and bald without a pipe, this come as no surprise.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
So what is at issue here, how we think we look with our pipes to ourselves? Or how we look to others? I would offer that how we think we look to ourselves is irrelevant and we are hopeless biased anyway, and how we look to others, you can pretty well assume that to another pipe smoker, you will look great, to a non-smoker, you could be Don Juan smoking a $2000 Tom Eltang and they would still think you sucked. :puffy:

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
When I'm contemplating buying a pipe in the shop I often look in the mirror the tobacconist supplies. Any tobacconist worth is salt will provide a mirror. I tend to not care what I look like unless I'm dressed up and around others

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
I find I look no better or worse. Not much you can do with this particular canvas.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I tried shaving without a mirror. That didn't work well. Tomorrow I might try brushing my teeth with a pipe in my mouth. This mirror thing is difficult.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
I don't even use a mirror when I shave. Photos of me is against federal law. And, yes Nate you are ridiculous ! Nice pipe !

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
About the only time I use a mirror for anything beyond shaving is to: set the angle of my hat (depending on style), and to check my "gig" line (a military habit, never lost).
Other than that I imagine that with my pipe, I look a bit like Bilbo...

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
I think I look like a pretentious douche, but who cares. I love my pipes and tobaccos, so to hell with it! I'll look douchey all day if I have to.
And that's douch-EE, not douch-AY

Status
Not open for further replies.