Anyone Looked at Themselves in a Mirror with their Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Estate Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
2hriamq.jpg

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Yes, to make sure I like the way my pipe looks clenched.
I find the Falcon is ugly. But it smokes decently, so I go around with it anyways.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
nsfisher, At first I thought you were talking about the mirror being there all the time...
:rofl:
Seriously though, a pipe is an accessory, and I don't think it's unreasonable to consider how the pipe matches your style. Once upon a time, you'd choose your hat based on your face shape, and I don't see why a pipe would be any different.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Reminds me of that old song: "You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you, about you...."

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I try not to. Usually I can't pass a mirror or even a car window etc. without having a quick shufty, but I look like a right wanker with a pipe in my mouth.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
I very rarely clench. My pipe are always hand-held. I find looking at myself in the mirror makes me look like a guy who's trying to figure out whether he is cool, which is never a good look. I think pipes are like hats; once you get so used to a pipe that it becomes part of you, it looks good.

jalcott

Lurker
Apr 19, 2017
Of course! Tried once but felt funny after looking in the mirror. And I don't care what I look like anymore. LOL

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
I did a few times. But I soon realized that I don't look like Basil Rathbone at all, so I gave it up.

Yeh, my problem with mirrors is that I get all caught up looking at how gorgeous I am, trying out different pipes, different poses, a fling of my hair this way, a wisp that way... next thing I know an officer is knocking on my window with some irritating selfish demands that I stop blocking traffic and get moving or some other such nonsense. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipes in the medium range, or just a little smaller in traditional shapes, usually don't look conspicuous. Anything large is worth checking. A very small pipe smoked by a very large guy probably looks somewhat silly. A very large pipe on a small or thin person might threaten to tip them over, visually anyway. The Forums member who can smoke the largest pipes available with aplomb is brad. Got an 8 ounce pipe? Bring it on.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Never look in the mirror, but reflections on door glass, yes. And the occasional selfie for this forum. I think my wife (as much as she's ok with me smoking) refuses to take pictures of me with my pipe for some reason. So someone has to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.