PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarijnW

Lurker
Nov 15, 2019
That's OK, Marijn. It seems to me you're asking in good faith. I'd contact the sellers mentioned above to get an appraisal, then take it from there: either sell the pipes to them or try eBay. If I acquired something I am unfamiliar with, I'd also ask around to try to find out the real price. Personally, I don't see what's wrong with that.

I have emailed Steve from pipestuds. Thank you for your reply!!

Cheers, Marijn from Belgium

Reactions: shanez

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
BTW, these are corn cob pipes. These below, actually, are their 'mini' version which is, if you ask me, more of a prop than a smokable pipe (although one could smoke them, they're drilled):

MINI_CORN_COB_PIPE_BOX_1.jpg

They're dirt cheap, so you can paint them, or whatever.

MarijnW

Lurker
Nov 15, 2019
BTW, these are corn cob pipes. These below, actually, are their 'mini' version which is, if you ask me, more of a prop than a smokable pipe (although one could smoke them, they're drilled):

MINI_CORN_COB_PIPE_BOX_1.jpg

They're dirt cheap, so you can paint them, or whatever.

hahaha they look awesome!!
The theme of the party is "the Great Gatsby", so they might be a bit out of character :D.
Thank you so much.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Very cool, but those are Cadogan era pipes, to my knowledge. In the 90's, GBD tried a bit of a revival and I suspect they were from that era. Pre-Cadogan COM's were either "London,England" or "France". But a very unusual set, so that should draw a collector's interest.

Reactions: shanez and MarijnW
Status
Not open for further replies.