Anyone Know How Jay (mawnansmiff) is Doing?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I say that as I've been watching several Ken Burns dvd sets lately where naturally the narrator is American and thereby misses the letter 't' from many words and replaces it with a 'd' as you folks tend to do.

Ken Burns is great! And I admit to the T/D situation, but you blokes add an R to the end of most words ending in a vowel. Drives me looney.

As you are "in the future" from my perspective, Happy New Year!

14069#2

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Duane, though I survived the hospital food (just) I did contract norovirus during my stay and that was not nice at all!

On top of that I got mouth ulcers (thrush), a stinking cold and a sore toe when a nurse dropped my brand new DAB radio on it.

"OK, Jay, say something clever again!"

Right on John, "something clever".....how's that?

Jay, Ken's dvds have kept me sane these last few weeks. Just finishing Vietnam then onto the Roosevelts :)

Regards,

Jay.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
What by the way is a "reaction score"?

When someone clicks on the "like" button (bottom right corner of a post), it adds to your score. If you hover over the like button, it gives more options that just the "like" option.

If you were a millennial, it would tally your net worth to digital society... nana

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"If you were a millennial, it would tally your net worth to digital society.... "

Turned 58 yesterday and feel (and likely look like) a thousand years old.

So why the introduction of the 'like button'? I thought that was dismissed as unnecessary many moons ago after much debate on the forum.

Just poured me a nice glass of Jack Daniel's single barrel to watch the London fireworks at five to midnight.....happy new decade chaps ?

in the meantime have just started disc 1 of Ken Burns 'Roosevelts' just afore the fireworks start.

Regards,

Jay.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Jay, nice to see you are still kicking. I liked the old site as well. Unfortunately this place was doomed for being too old. Kevin had to make the place new or lose everything from what I have gathered. It doesn't look easier to use, but if you give it time it will work for you. If my old brain can figure it out I am sure you can as well.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Turned 58 yesterday

Happy birthday!

...and feel (and likely look like) a thousand years old.

Just poured me a nice glass of Jack Daniel's single barrel...

Cause and effect? nana

So why the introduction of the 'like button'? I thought that was dismissed as unnecessary many moons ago after much debate on the forum.

Probably "part of the package".

happy new decade chaps

I am still stuck in last decade. Please tell me tomorrow's lottery numbers...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jay, I only use my Dell laptop which runs Windows to cruise the site. I have tried my Iphone but it is way too small. I have to zoom to 175% because I am so blind.
Happy Birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.