Anyone Know How Jay (mawnansmiff) is Doing?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I remember he last posted about some health issues and his doctor told him to put down the pipe. That was some time ago.

He always had interesting reads from the BBC to post up.

His avatar for those who recognize posters by their pictures:
14155.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I would try to encourage people on a health hiatus from pipe smoking to keep posting for the sociability. Health situations can be isolating and a downer, and a little company does a soul good. Most of us have enough pipe experience of one kind or another to keep participating for years, whether we are smoking or not. I'll look forward to seeing jay pipe up (as it were). I was glad to see foggymountain on Forums recently, about his car and about his pipes. He has a wealth of info whether he's puffing these days or not.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I remember he last posted about some health issues and his doctor told him to put down the pipe. That was some time ago.

He always had interesting reads from the BBC to post up.

His avatar for those who recognize posters by their pictures:
14155.jpg

I was thinking the same thing Mike and have been wondering how he was doing.
I only interacted with him a couple of times on here but he seemed like a real gent and his posts were always interesting, I hope/pray he's doing ok.

Chris.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I contacted him a few weeks ago. (We Jays gotta stick together.)

He lost a battle with a granite topped coffee table and added injury to his already suffering back.

He wishes to send his regards but does not feel his willpower is up to dealing with the forum and maintaining his abstinence.

He sends warm regards to everyone except one of you. You guess who.... rotf

A PM will reach him and I don't imagine some holiday cheer would be out of order.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Aha....I seem to be getting somewhere with this newly designed site. (Not impressed).

I've tried to make two posts but not sure if they got through.

Thanks ever so for the kind words gents, much appreciated.

Jay contacted me recently off forum and I explained how I'd just spent over a month in hospital with a suspected fractured spine due to falling backwards onto a coffee table. Those weeks in hospital were the most miserable weeks of my life....no internet and awful food. Not surprising then that I was hankering after a bowl of FVF despite my last smoke being a few months prior.

Anyway, I'll try to get my head around this new site which I don't relish.....the old one was perfect as far as I'm concerned.

For now, all the best to you all for twenty twenty (or should that be twenny twenny?)?

I say that as I've been watching several Ken Burns dvd sets lately where naturally the narrator is American and thereby misses the letter 't' from many words and replaces it with a 'd' as you folks tend to do.?

"...they did their doody and joined in the baddle of Hanoi siddy" rotf

Regards,

Jay.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.