PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
I've been intrigued by briar "desk pipes" I've seen on e-bay. A "hookah" flexible tubular stem attached to a largish flat bottomed hunk of briar. They look like the PERFECT book reading companion but seem quite rare. Has anyone had any experience with one of these babies? So what are they? A Hookah without the annoying slurp? A "hands free" cool smoking churchwarden? Or are they rare because they just smoke so badly! I'd like to know which before I embark on (another) Unicorn Hunt.
Plugugly

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Well you have me interested in looking into these!! It sounds pretty sweet. whats the average price on ebay?

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Never smoked one myself, but thought the "Mic Pipe" by Nate King was pretty cool.
Check out the Pipes and Tobacco article HERE.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Chris Morgan's entry in the Aristocob Cobfoolery contest was something sort of like what you're describing. :rofl: https://youtu.be/XK74RIl7uMI

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I have it on good (okay, shaky) authority that Peck is having a seven day set of desk pipes made...
-- Pat

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
:rofl:
this is a look at Pecks first Desk pipe, it's a prototype, it's also a chamber pot that's looks like Pecks dog, you can now never leave your desk, Smoker, pisser, little friend, Oh Peck will provide the Stem.

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
uuuuhhhh ooooohhhhh.......looks to much like a hookah.........can't talk about those here :)

lraisch

Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
I have a Savinelli desk pipe and it does smoke pretty well. I believe it is actually cooler than even a churchwarden. The problem is that the tubing is somewhat stiff and the briar bowl is quite light. The result is that any movement you make tends to cause the bowl to skate around on the table. I'm always nervous that it will spill ashes or topple over.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Vauen makes (or made?) a really cool, modern one that's hookah-like in appearance, but pipe-like in functionality (no water): http://www.vauen.de/en/novelties/lounge-pipe/lounge-pipe-lo-1_lo-1.aspx?cid=68&page=0&ref=9
93.946.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.