PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
dscf6043-600x449.jpg

John Calich is a pipe maker from Canada who unfortunatly passeed away a few years ago. He was a personal friend and I count myself as lucky to have known such an amazing pipe maker and gentleman. I attached a picture of my small collection of his work. They are my favorite smokers. Anyone else have any Calich pipes?

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
I've never owned any but I've admired them for a while now. I'd love to get my mitts on one at some point!

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Hmmmm I might have to see about that Rhodesian that is a nice looking pipe. Rothnh you are like a dealer lol your contributing to my PAD in a big way.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Flattery will get you an invitation to enjoy a Scotch and Cigar when next your in the great white north!

smedz

Lurker
Jan 20, 2012
I have acquired two. I have a contact for a third, it is new. Probably purchase it this week. They are among my favourites.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Very nice skapunk!
I've posted mine often on the forums, stamped "Calich Handmade"...

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Beauty!
does it have any other numbers or letters? After researching, mines a 1981, and a grade of 11 out of 14

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Oops.....was just cleaning some of the others, i have 2 of his pipes.
This one just has a 7 as well, and the single dot on the stem.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Just got a PM from the OP Rob.
John's numbering system changed a few times over the years. The free hand design is dated and numbered. First number is the year made and second number is the pipe number out of a certain amount over the year. He only made about 20 freehands a year. The other one looks to be a late 70's version. The later ones as he got older had letter gradings.

jayzee

Lurker
Feb 15, 2014
Toronto
I realize its a bit late in this post, but I've been just today been approached by a gent here in Toronto that has a John Calich Pipe he would like to sell. If anybody is interested please PM me and I'll forward details so you can contact the seller. The pipe is a really nice looking smooth straight grain Dublin, Grade 5E, looks to be un-smoked.

Civil War

Lifer
Mar 6, 2018
I was sitting on my front porch last night and I smoked one of my John Calich's for the first time and it was an absolutely amazing smoker, so I picked up a second one that I own and it was just as amazing. I have a rather large pipe library and the John Calich's are one of the best smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.