PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
So I've been thinking about maybe commissioning a pipe from eldritch pipes as a Bday present to myself. I really like the look of a lot of his pipes. I was just wondering if any members here own one and how they smoke, how much they paid for it and if they consider to be worth it. Thanks in advance for any insight.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
I don't have one, but I'm interested in the replies to this as well. He's a member on another forum and his pipes always look amazing.

kiltedpiper

Lurker
Dec 6, 2018
agreed. I want several of the ones on their site, but budget constraints have me strapped enough that I can't afford it. Regardless of what the codgers at my B&M say about there always being enough in the budget for a new pipe.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I have yet to own one of his pipes. but would love to own one.

But I think Chris Kelly is underrated in his talents!

He is very unique in his shapes, staining colors, and pipe stems he creates.
A couple favorites

Cutty and Strawberry
cutty
strawberry

Jan 8, 2013
I don't own one, but I'm a fan. He produces some very cool, and different, pipes. I especially like his Metal As F**k pipes.
This one's a clencher :mrgreen:
Hero_thegrinder.jpg

Reactions: UncleRasta

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
Just pulled the trigger on the 'Cultist' pipe from fleabay. Started offering low and being auto-declined, and went up by $5 increments until I got auto-accepted, $150.
Gonna have to sell off more of my cigar collection, but this beast will be heading my way soon.

I'm a HUGE Lovecraft fan, and this pipe reminds me of Shadow Over Innsmouth and the Order of Dagon, and I'm very excited to see how it smokes. I'll be back with updates.
What pushed me to pull the trigger is that the Eldritch Etsy page is down, with a note that says they've left this dimension. On the off chance that they won't be returning, I really didn't want to miss my chance to own one of these. I guess I'll have to start stocking up on C&D's The Old Ones series.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Glad you got one, looking forward to the update on how it smokes. I hope he is not going out of business. He was still the front runner for my 1st commissioned pipe when I finally had some disposable cash.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Glad you got one, looking forward to the update on how it smokes. I hope he is not going out of business. He was still the front runner for my 1st commissioned pipe when I finally had some disposable cash.

Did you get your commission? Was it pricy? Eldritch only just came to my attention, their pipes look absolutely fantastic.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I can’t imagine he’s going out of business. I think he just moved to a new shop. He’s never got excess inventory, and Rattray‘s just made a line of pipes of his design. Seems like he’s doing pretty well.

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
Alright, it's finally here.
And it's INCREDIBLE.
This is my first artisan pipe, and it blows every other pipe in my collection out of the water.
Great drilling, passes a cleaner like a dream, and the button is super comfortable for clenching. The only odd thing is that the tenon is longer than normal, but is funneled at the end so I guess that has something to do with it?
Chamber is tall but fairly narrow, I'm still deciding what size chambers I like best but this one smokes well for me.
Overall, hands down, new favorite.
Saw Chris posting over at speak-easy, and he is moving into a new workshop, thank the elder gods. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

Status
Not open for further replies.