Anyone Had Recent Experience with Lorenzetti or Molina Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I'm in the market for a new pipe to add to my collection. As much salivating as I did over that $335 Urbano Bent Bulldog, I'm not sure I want to put that much money down yet until I can confirm that I like the style and how it smokes. I've been considering something that costs a little bit less and in my searching I discovered a Molina Zebrano sandblast bent bulldog that I kind of like, but still being new to the world of pipe manufacturer's, I wanted to see if any of you have owned any of these and if it's worth the asking price, roughly $100:
IMG_9837__94071.1527025762.1280.1280.jpg

I have been comparing it to the Sav's I also discovered in my hunt:
Savinelli_Lucite_KS_Briar_673_Left_Side_WM__90574.1370670758.1280.1280.jpg

I know they have a trusted brand, but I really like how that Molina looks. I also found a few lower priced Lorenzetti's that I liked, but were not in a bent bulldog form. I liked several of those as well, but find it hard to make a decision. I'm not looking to buy it immediately, but it will likely be my next purchase after the bulldog:
IMG_6660__10099.1499082216.1280.1280.jpg

Any advice or information on any of those would be much appreciated and help in my consideration for the purchase.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
This is my Lorenzetti Constantine in shape 23. Its a fine smoker, but it does gurgle a bit with wet tobacco.
img_0573-600x450.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have a Molina Freehand. It’s a bridge, what we used to call a pistol grip. It smokes really well, but the chamber walls was really thin on one side and a dark spot formed. I let the cake build up a bit and it hasn’t gotten any worse. Bought it three years ago at a B&M. I would buy another Molina, the Briar and finish are good quality.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
All good thoughts, fellas. I think I like the look of that Molina, but I know the Sav's are pretty much a lock on smokability. The only thing about that Sav I wish it had were the trademark rings around the bowl. Otherwise it looks more like a Rhodesian. Which...I'm still sort of confused about. I can't really tell much of a difference between a Rhodesian and a Bulldog...

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I have a Molina Spigot and for the life of me I can't recall the Series name, it wasn't an expensive pipe but it's a good smoker, Molina has a lot of history behind it,

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Shapes are tricky, but in general, a bulldog has a diamond shape shank and a bowl with or without a bead line. A Rhodesian has a round or oval shank and likewise may or may not have a bead line. Both have the wide-waisted bowl. You'll find quite a few that skirt the edge, maybe the Savinelli 673 with a decidedly rounded but still diamond shank, and it's sold as a bulldog usually. I think the brands you mention are dependable.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
I have 5 Molina pipes and love them, they are fantastic smokes, I would recommend them to anyone who wants a good smoke at an affordable price. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.