PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2016
No more pipes for my, I'm actually trying to get rid of some. For tobacco, I'm good for a long time as well.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
and to put up a little more Latakia.

WHAT??!!
If Latakia is seeing it's swan song, it'll be better to have it and not want it than to want it and not have it. Tomorrow never knows.

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
I'm definitely focusing on Tobacco right now. My goal is to be finished purchasing tobacco, or at least 90% finished, by summer 2020. I'm not done purchasing pipes yet, but I'm getting close.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I am pretty much done with both, though I did end up buying a Scottie Piersel at the WCPS. I have two white whales, but neither are urgent, and if they don't get realized I won't cry over it. I'd say that I'm about 95% done.
My last major purchase was HU from Esterval's since it was at 40% off, and a pile of pipe cleaners, about 30 bags.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Pipes: I don’t regularly smoke all that I already own; pretty much the same 20 or so favorites, so I really have no incentive to add to my hoard. Probably should list a few dozen on the bay and let someone else enjoy vintage wood.
Tobacco. I realized a few years ago I had passed the goal of even a very optimistic estimate of what an uninterrupted lifetime tobacco supply would be.
Still, I am refining my tobacco cellar by selling a few older tins I fell ambivalent about to finance newer blends; e.g. a single 25 year old 3 Nuns, Escudo or Christmas Cheer will finance a whole bunch of Directors Cut.

Reactions: rmpeeps and Bowie

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I have 7 or 8 pipes and plenty of tobacco. Still picking up tobacco when the mood hits me. Not looking into picking up anymore pipes. But, you never know.

Reactions: Bowie

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm too onto myself to say I don't buy pipes. I sure don't need any more, and I really like the ones I have, and when I find a pipe I think is terrific, I often also feel strongly that I already have a pipe that does that job, maybe better. Likewise, I use my modest stash of tobacco so slowly, so moderately, that stocking it any deeper seems wasteful. I'm not so particular that I couldn't enjoy a more limited variety, if it comes to that. I am a sucker for a good price, when I've seen something at a set price level for a long time, pipe or tobacco, and then I'm convinced I'm getting a significant discount. I definitely consider it. redglow, seven or eight pipes -- those were the days!

Reactions: burleyboy

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
I am done with tobacco (cellared ~80 lbs. ) and will concentrate on pipes.

Reactions: Bowie

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I’ve been in full blown TAD since day one, and recently discovered the difference a good pipe makes on the flavor and experience. So I’ve been refocusing my efforts on acquiring good pipes that I absolutely love.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and dmcmtk

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
My TAD has been forcibly cured by the new Australian import laws that came into play last July that prohibit importing tobacco by mail unless you are licensed to do so.

I have been reading with envy about all the small batch blends and HU/Esterval orders, but truth be told I already have more than plenty to last me a lifetime. It’s more want than need.

I’d still love to pick up some Tabac Manil Brumeuse and GLP Union Square sometime for example.

In terms of PAD, I’m good as well. I’m considering trading in some of my lesser smoked pipes and buy one nice artisan pipe, possibly a Tom Eltang.

Reactions: Casual
M

Merton

To paraphrase Mark Twain: quitting PAD is easy, I've done it a thousand times. When I finally bought a Castello Perla Nera 10 with a saddle stem I resolved that I would stop buying pipes. I am old enough to know that i don't need anymore than I already have. However, my resolve has weakened a few times when the siren beauty of a pipe won't let go. Happened just this week with an F. Becker straight Dublin sandbags. There now, that'll be my last one....

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
My TAD has been forcibly cured by the new Australian import laws that came into play last July that prohibit importing tobacco by mail unless you are licensed to do so.

The current state of Australia’s tobacco laws are the tobaccopalypse I’m prepping for. I hope that, when it comes, I am also sufficiently prepared.

Otherwise, I’m going to have to make nice with my local biker gang for both my heroin and pipe tobacco needs.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've peaked with PAD, though am getting a nice stack Paja di Mastro in the mail; TAD is on going but limited to mostly private sales; LAD is in remission, and I've just satisfied my implement AD with two wood clad pipe tools.

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
Unfortunately for me, I enjoy collecting. For most of my adulthood, I have had a fairly serious gun collecting addiction (admittedly inherited from my father and grandfather). I have since discovered that pipes are considerably less expensive than firearms -go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.