PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Personally, I’ve around 20 briars and an army of cobs.
I still drool over some pipes I want, but given the... uncertainty... of late, I’m in full-blown TAD. Pockets turned out empty and a wife who doesn’t understand for the life of her (bless her) why I need to keep my focus to stocking ‘baccy. My Lat needs are met, so I need more VA, VA/Per, and Burley. To her it’s all the same “You’ve got a mountain of tobacco in mason jars in your closet,” etc.
Well, anyway, no more PAD for me.
Just TAD, pipe cleaners, and butane.

Reactions: 3rdguy

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Nowadays it’s all about the TAD

I still toss in a pipe every now and than but I’ve seriously slowed down since I learned what was happening with tobacco as of late. My cellar is still considered very small but it’s growing every couple of weeks.

xingpao

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2019
I have much stronger TAD than PAD. Probably bought my last pipe for a while.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Don't forget this either:
compressedair.jpg

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Giving up PAD and TAD!

Really?

Not on my watch. I recently purchased two pipes from the same B&M.

Count 'em, one and two. That's because both of them spoke to my heart.

And, no, I have certainly not given up on TAD! For goodness sakes, you gotta keep purchasing tobacco to go with your new pipes.

Am I right?

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Never had either, so no need to give up.
I have 6 briar pipes that cover my tastes in style and chamber size that will last me the rest of my life and then some. I own one meerschaum pipe just because I think every pipe smoker should have one.
At the rate I smoke, the cost of tobacco is not significant enough to warrant hoarding and the tobaccos I like have been around quite a while so no immediate risk of losing availability.
To me, pipe smoking is not a hobby, so I never understood the allure of collecting pipes or tobacco, but if thst's your thing, carry on.

Reactions: saintpeter

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's unlikely I've bought my last pipe if I have a good lifespan, but these days, I certainly spend more time window shopping blends, even though my rate of consumption is pretty glacial compared to many Forums members. Even pipes that delight me on sight usually remind me of something the same shape or general profile of pipes I already own, in my "home pipe shop." I have literally dozens of excellent interesting blends yet unopened, but when the restless shopping instinct strikes, it's more the leaf than the briar that draws my attention.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
TAD for me. I'm hoping to retire in the next year or so and things will tighten up considerably...

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
I am currently in the process of thinning out my Pipe Collection but only to then invest the money gained into PAD and propably some TAD^^ So no End in sigth here. And as far as tobacco is concerned: I have a rather large plot of sunny land behind the house. Would hold enough tobacco for years if I decided to grow my own and I already experimented with liquor and tobacco creating some aromatics of my own. ( Off-Topic: Get your hands on some white chocolate liquor, thin it with some water and spray it on some burley its great)

marc75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2017
Mooresville NC
I've been holding off for the last few weeks. I'll be going to the Raleigh show and hope to pick up a few pipes and some tobacco's.

Status
Not open for further replies.