Anyone else not smoking as much because of the cold?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I can't smoke inside and sitting outside in the cold for 30 mins to an hour sounds awful. Anyone cut back on there smoking in winter.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
No problem with that here... I smoke in my living room next to my toasty wood stove :puffy:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Nope, I brave it. Cup of coffee, warm, cozy sweater, switching hands if one gets too cold, but I love the winter. It's my favorite season of the year. Foods taste and smell better. Beer tastes better. Your woman cuddles up to you more. The pipe tastes even better. Just my take.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
So jealous, wish I could sit in my chair and read a good book while enjoying my pipes, but my better half doesn't smoke and is prone to headaches around smoke.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Nope, I brave it. Cup of coffee, warm, cozy sweater, switching hands if one gets too cold, but I love the winter. It's my favorite season of the year. Foods taste and smell better. Beer tastes better. Your woman cuddles up to you more. The pipe tastes even better. Just my take.
Haha.
Tomorrow's low in Raleigh, NC: 41 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees with the wind)
Tomorrow's low in Regina, SK: -21 degrees Fahrenheit (-30 with the wind)
If my temps were in the 40s during winter, it'd be my favorite season, too!

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
:lol:
Hey, we have our cold days too, you know. I believe it was 28 there this morning? When you're used to the weather you live in, my cold and your cold might "feel" the same to us. But if you were in Raleigh during what I thought was cold, you'd be sweating, sounds like. And if I were in Regina I'd need heated everything just to not freeze to death!

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
we recently went through a cold spell for about 2 weeks here in phoenix (lows in the high 20's, highs in the mid 40's to low 50's) and I think I went out to enjoy my pipe 3 times in those 2 weeks.
As much as I want to move somewhere with green and trees and rain, I'm not cut out for the cold.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
I can smoke inside but i seem to enjoy smoking more on my porch in my rocking chair so i just been putting a jacket on unless it really windy. I been looking into getting one of those patio heaters.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
It's currently -13 °C in Regina (~9 F). It's NOT cold. Cold begins at -15 °C. Wind chill is a meaningless value: unless you're outside naked.
Since I only smoke in my car, I wouldn't have a problem, other than more condensation in the pipe and possibly tongue bite (happened yesterday, ouch). When it's really cold, like -40, I have to keep the car idling, but no big deal, I can listen to music then.
I was outside on the evening of Jan. 3rd smoking a cigar. Temp was a balmy 27 F.

Jan 7, 2019
I’m on a forced sabbatical due to outside temps. I’ve a window this afternoon and tomorrow.
Loaded a MM Freehand with Morley’s Best, and another cob to sample a new-to-me C&D blend: Stratfordshire. I’ll pick a briar set for the Strat after a few bowls in a cob.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
So jealous, wish I could sit in my chair and read a good book while enjoying my pipes, but my better half doesn't smoke and is prone to headaches around smoke.
I have found they are prone to headaches in general.
:wink:

rogerrodger

Lurker
Dec 7, 2018
I look forward to warmer weather, for sure. But I smoke in the garage with a space heater at arm's length. A good book, an insulated coffee thermos, and warm clothes, and I'm set. I just had a half bowl of Stratfordshire in my Cayuga pipe at lunch break.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
In my opinion, the cold weather is the best time to smoke. Whether it’s inside or out the ambient temp makes for a grand pipe but then again it doesn’t get too cold in the winter here in central Texas.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Anyone cut back on there smoking in winter.

Yes. For sure. But I still do it. I bought a nice heating lamp last year and that helps. I tend to smoke cigars at the cigar lounge (indoors) in winter.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Define cold?

I'm smoking more because our daytime temperature in SE Louisiana has ranged from a low of 40F up to 65F. Way easier to sit outside and have a pipe or two then in the summer when the highs temp and humidity are in the 90s.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
There is not enough clothes in the world to keep me warm for 1-2 hours sitting outside in the middle of the winter.

So i am a lucky man who have the option to smoke inside.

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
m smoking more because our daytime temperature in SE Louisiana has ranged from a low of 40F up to 65F. Way easier to sit outside and have a pipe or two then in the summer when the highs temp and humidity are in the 90s.
I feel the same way. Come summer I some way less than during the winter (this is with the relatively quick smoke of cigarettes, mind you) because 120 degrees is just too much to be out in for any length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.