Anybody watching "Goliath" on Amazon? (No spoilers.)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Billy Bob Thornton is on cruise control for another Golden Globe Award and, at least, another Emmy nomination as tough guy, big deal attorney, Billy McBride.
The series is smart, well written and the production values are main network/movie quality.
No spoilers, okay? But here's a heads up.
Like I used to tell my friends watching "Deadwood," "The Sopranos" and the FX series, "Fargo", don't get attached to anybody - i.e. any particular character. You're going to be bitterly disappointed. Characters die with alacrity.
Fnord

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
My favorite has been Boardwalk Empire. I've enjoyed watching Steve Buscheme ever since Fargo.

Billy Bob is always credible...there are a few moments that appear on film that I think were probably mistakes or ad libs...but overall, this is entertaining.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I will definitely check out "Goliath". I need something to counter the effects of ten episodes of Netflix's, "The Crown". It wasn't bad at all, but the incessant epic drama treatment over what would seem as minor events in the life of the royal family got a bit old after the first few episodes.

aam79

Lurker
Nov 2, 2016
I have it on my next to watch list. My wife has starting watching The Crown one it's OK, but hard to get in to.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Spoiler Alert for "Fargo."
BBT's Lonre Malvo had to die in "Fargo" but his death was very well done.
However, like you, Frogman, I can see Billy Bob's character of the alcoholic lawyer, Billy McBride, developing real legs and running for multiple seasons.
I really do my best not to binge watch. But I screwed the pooch with the latest season of "Peaky Blinders," got the characters mixed up and will have to re-watch the best drama available for public consumption.... again. What an idiot.
Fnord

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Newbroom:
"Boardwalk Empire" is one of the best series ever produced by HBO and I rate it right up there alongside "The Sopranos," "Band of Brothers," "The Pacific," "Deadwood" and "Six Feet Under."
I've always enjoyed Steve Buscemi as that odd guy in a few tent-pole films, every Sandler flick filmed plus a smattering of better than okay indie films. But, when I read where he'd been a firefighter in a previous life and then returned to his own gutted firehouse for a ten day shift after 9/11, my respect for him went through the damned roof.
He nailed Nucky Thompson in "Boardwalk Empire." And I'm glad to see that he's a working actor.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.