PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
I know that My local Pipe Shop Stag Tobacconist has a pipe club 1 Tuesday a month but I work evenings and am unable to make it. When i do have a Tuesday off it is usually the one there is no pipe club meetings. Some times when I hang out there I meet some fellow pipers all nice fellows but I would like to hang out with pipe smokers and swap stories and compare tobaccos. and maybe start a small pipe club here for folks who have time off limitations just a thought.
Edit: Moved to Pipe Clubs, L

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings,
I attended their pipe club meeting just last night. They had a sale on Peterson pipes - 20% off! Good deal, unfortunately I didn't find a shape that I liked w/ fishtail stem (not a P-Lip fan). They informed everyone that the Peterson Christmas pipes are due in soon. Maybe I'll find something then.
I live in Parker, and make the 100 mile round trip every month for the meetings. Great shop, nice folks, good selection and decent prices. Definitely worth the drive!
Here's a link to their website:
http://smokethiscigar.com/
CACooper

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I don't live in the springs but I do live in Littleton and I would think about making the trip down there once in a while for a pipe club. There is one in denver, but like you, it seems I work every evening they meet.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I've been meaning to drive down to the springs and check out that B&M. Theres a few decent ones here in Aurora, Denver but nothing spectacular. The photos on that stores website seem like it would be worth the drive for a visit!

mutantsquirl

Lurker
Nov 18, 2011
Im in the springs, i just started smoking and quit smoking cigarettes. I've been looking for people to hang out with. Stag is ok, but no one wants to talk and bullshit. they sit there like a bump smoking there cigar's not moving anywhere.

mcarnevale

Lurker
Nov 7, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm in the Springs....but like you, I have an ever changing schedule so it's hard to plan more than a week in advance. I too went to the last "Pipe Event" at Stags...got a new Pete and some tobacco. Talked with some nice folks that night.

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Yes Some free time I am off work from Wednesday till Sunday. But alas there is no pipe events. so if any one wants to meet up PM. Me.

frennchy11

Dec 28, 2011
My parents live in the parker area and when i visit their i try to visit any and all pipe tobacco shops. So far my favorite has been Edwards. I am pretty new to smoking but they were very informative and from what i remember had a pretty goo selection of pipes.

smokindragon

Lurker
Jan 6, 2012
I'm just a few miles north of the Springs and have also looked for a pipe club. I was very involved with CAPS Pipe Club while I lived in the DC area and I can say pipe clubs can be a lot of fun, but you've got to have a good place to meet (which is hard to find in today's anti-tobacco environment), a good group of people that want to have some fun (which would be easy), and a few good sponsors always help. I too like Stag in the Springs and buy all my pipe tobacco from them, but it's a very quiet group every time I've been there, and with my work and home schedule I just haven't been able to get down there on their normal meeting days.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
Good luck with your club. As you move forward consider joining United Pipe Clubs of America (see http://unitedpipeclubs.org).

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
Ok, this thread is mega old but in searching for pipe clubs in the Colorado Springs area through Google this came up, so I know I'm gunna take a licking for bringing her back to the top but......anyone know if Stag still has these meetings or if there are any other clubs that have popped up in the springs area since 2010?

surlysoul

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2013
Stag still has meetings one Tuesday a month. You can get on their email list and get updates that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.