PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Well as much as I like Dunhill tobaccos and admire some of the old Root Briars and such ... no, just no.
Although, I have to admit I'd use it as a grease rag in the garage or a gun cleaning cloth if someone gave me one. Not sure how one would grow a Bonsai tree in / on a T-Shirt, but if anyone could, Duane would be the guy. :lol:

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Wow.....from the glory of Nightcap to a cheap, overpriced t shirt.
Perfect example of the downfall of society.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Our "good friend Bradley" from the Stuff 'n' Things YouTube channel was given a Dunhill tee recently.
Craig, that's what made me start googling Dunhill shirts. I didn't see the one Bradley was wearing on the Dunhill website though, so I'm hoping his was more in line with what one expects a t-shirt to cost.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I like Tom's take, cheap at twice the price given all the panache (?) such a shirt would endow the wearer.
Just effin' unreal.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I don't get it. If anyone would pay that there's something seriously wrong. Maybe it's some kind of money laundering.
You can get one on ebay for $20...but why anyone would want one in the first place is baffling to me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/fashion-dunhill97867-london-design-logo-black-T-Shirts-Mens-Clothing-sleeve/273144141473?hash=item3f98a8d6a1:m:mJ4zp4kwKe6c6Nbpe_R742Q:rk:5:pf:0

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The eBay one is significantly different - dare I say better?-from the original. But not $300 better. And, yes, its a dunhill!

grettman

Lurker
Dec 28, 2018
In the age of fake news, I didn't either believe the claims in the original post or I didn't want to believe it. I am not sure which...
In any case, sadly, my independent research on this matter has confirmed that this is true. WTFO?????

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
I would expect that T-Shirt to be made from gold fiber for that price. That or from the beard of a twohundred years old tibetian monk that grants the wearer enligthenment and immortality.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Now, if they had t shirts with the Nightcap tin art on them, I might actually plunk down the $325

Maybe if the Dunhill company approved the copy. But don't try it yourself. We recently concluded that copying tin label art is very bad. http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/cellarlabelscom

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
You guys are totally missing the point. T-shirt’s, wallets, belts, colognes ARE the Dunhill product now. They made the pipe company using their name change it to Alfred’s White Spots. That Dunhill logo now only stands for men’s fashion accesories. That’s it.
Uh...ok...I think many of us are aware of that...but how does that explain a $325 t-shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.