PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Simply the best RPG out there. Dawnguard was awesome too. I haven't done the final mission because the vampire chick is such a great companion, and being 'essential' can't be killed. I have Hearthfire but haven't built my house yet. Looks boring though. If you have an NVIDIA GPU, turn off anti-aliasing and, under the Advanced tab, check the FXAA checkbox. It's NVIDIA propriety AA. I'm playing on High with max view distance on a machine Bethesda said I would only do Low, and I'm getting over 100 fps. Just padding about doing radiant quests. The ultimate Skyrim website (and Oblivion and Morrowind) is here: Bethesda RPGs

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Oh ya, love Skyrim however I play it on an Xbox... Haven't really done more than a few of the main quests, just been exploring and finding all the little side jobs and goodies... They released the two add ons you mentioned, haven't picked them up yet from the marketplace, but will by the end of the month.. Also have Oblivion and borrowed a friends Morrowind..

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Baldur's Gate, now theres a blast from the past, spent many hours playing and replaying that one...

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Ah, Ultima, yeah. I knew a girl that went to a party at Lord British's house (the real house). He had secret passageways all over it. I just started Shadows of Amn. Great gameplay doesn't get old. Dragon Age has the best voice acting of any game I know. KOTOR would be second. Only did one MMO, Everquest right after the Dwarves island came out. I'm not social enough to like MMOs. Tried WoW and hated it. That said, I did do a WWII flight sim for a few years: Aces High. There are dozens and dozens of planes you can fly, and a bunch of vehicles you can drive. My headsets kept breaking from being thrown across the room. Everyone gets ranked at the end of the month, and if you have any ideas about breaking the top 100, forget it. One month I took the guy that came in first's hours and divided them by 31. He averaged 5.5 hours a day. Everyday. I would fly the B-24 Liberator bomber the most, but when I did fighters liked the Yak-9U. You can try it for two weeks free without giving them a credit card number. The website is hitechcreations

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
In case you're wondering if I like computer games, here's my current desktop:
Desktop3.jpg

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
Been playing Skyrim on the Xbox. I'm a level 31 Nord barbarian named Thwack, and I've finished the main quest, the thieve's guild quests, dark brotherhood quests, mage's guild quests. I've just been messing around finishing some of the smaller quests I received earlier on in the game and never pursued. I still need to get to finishing the Companion's quests, and need to work on some crafting and enchanting skills, since my heavy armor and two-handed weapon skills are maxed. It's been good fun.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Huge Skyrim fan here! In need to get it for PC. Doesn't the PC have a lot of user created MODS?

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I got Skyrim when it came out for XBox 360 and I returned it a week later. Just wasn't for me. I loved Neverwinter Nights but haven't found a RPG that I like since. The Diablo series peaked my interest but until recently I haven't had a computer that could support it.
@sim...that is just awesome. I bet you have an awesome gaming computer. I got jaded with gaming on computers with the constant upgrading of hardware to be able to play anything new that comes out. I went to XBox and never went back.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I finished Skyrim on the PS3 about 8 months ago. Great game!
I really need/want to get back into World of Warcraft. I decided to take a break from it about a year ago after 6 straight years of playing. But now with the new expansion, I'm starting to get that itch again. :D

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I actually play Skryim about 20 hours a week on average since it came out 11-11-11. Have 8 current characters varying in range. Probably 50 I have created to do different things and then didnt pan out and deleted. Have all the expansions and cant wait for the one coming out on Dec 4 2012. Have maxed out every skill in various characters and have done everything there is to do 1000 times and still love it. Espically Hearthfire, building your own house and decorations. Just wanting them to come out with a Hardcore mode for Xbox. If not I will have it on PC by Jan 1st.

frennchy11

Dec 28, 2011
This game consumed my life when it first came out. I'll have to try the add ons

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@fireman, yeah there's more user mods for the pc than you can shake a stick at.
@eagle, I actually don't have an awesome computer. I've been too sick to work and unable to upgrade and it's just an old Core 2 Duo @ 2.33 over a DFI Blood Iron mobo (P35) with only 4GB of Kingston Extreme RAM (I installed Windows 7 32-bit because I wanted to play older games, so 4GB is all it can see). I'm a tech so I'm good at tweaking, and still haven't found a game I can't play on High or Extreme with good framerate.
@dervis, I officially crown you King.
@frennchy, Dawnguard is absolutely awesome, and I swear it improved the graphics. You can hunt vampires with the Dawnguard or go dark side and join the vampires. New creatures, items, spells, shouts, over 80 new NPCs, 24 new places and 39 new quests. You get this awesome new companion, a magic using vampire so Lydia finally gets to stay home, and she's considered essential and can't be killed. It's $20 from steam (pc) or 1600 MS Points from Xbox Marketplace.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I want to play it... I was always a huge Elder Scrolls fan since day 1... but truth be told Im scared LOL I know that I will be consumed.
I notice you play Dragon Age... LOVE that game :) finished it several times.
But again... with so much going on and very little money I havent had the chance.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@captain Dragon Age has the best voice acting I've ever heard. There's an awesome cemetery kind of hidden in it, with personal notes from the designers on the headstones. It's in Haven, behind the house with the chicken and the ox in the front yard. You have to clear the Temple and have the ashes for the headstones to pop up.
Some of the things the tombstones say are:

Respawning in 10, 9...

I told you I was sick

Get this rock off me!
But the best one is:

In memory of Great Great Great Grandfather Gygax
There is a tomb in Morrowind inscribed with the name of one of the most active members on the Morrowind forums that died before it was released.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I liked skyrim but I beat pretty much every quest. My favorite part was being able to make your own armor. I sold the game though as it just became repetitive after completion.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Photoman 13 I agree with almost 99% of what you say, but If you've completed Skyrim you're playing it wrong!!! LOL/JK
Easily one of my favorite games.
I'm a sucker for anything by Bethesda. Fallout 3 and New Vegas are easily my other favorite games. I played lots of Morrowind in High School.
I have deliberately stopped playing all because the semester started. Trust me, I would fail out of College if I tried to balance Bethesda games with full time work, school, staying in shape, and smoking my pipe!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
austin, yeah. I loved Fallout 1 and 2 but 3 depressed me. Even the designers said they were glad to finish it and start on Skyrim because they could have grass! One of my favorite Skyrim moments is when it starts playing the Morrowind music. Oblivion was great after I installed a mod that stopped all the monsters leveling with you, so there were places you shouldn't go, and leveling actually did make you more powerful.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Not bad igloo. You got 12.5 hours of play for each dollar it cost. Thank you Bethesda indeed.
What kind of characters did you guys create? I played a Redguard guy called Taffy and went pure fighter. I was something like 25th level before I even cast a spell. Intended to use blunt weapons with a shield, but ended up strictly two-handed.
dervis, you don't have to answer that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.