PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2015
Hello folks. I been smoking pipe tobacco for about 2 months now. And I'm limited to captain black because...it's what my local smoke shop carries. I tried to buy online from pipes and cigars they won't sell to me because I'm under 21. Which sucks because I'm 18 and last time I checked, that is the legal age to buy and smoke tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You might have to stock up at a pipe shop where the age is 18. This inconvenience will only last a few years, so that's an up-side. The online folks are under a lot of pressure and scrutiny, so I wouldn't game the system.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
So much of American politics is "Think of the children!" that you don't want to become a test case. The online sellers clearly want no traffic that isn't well above the age curve and I don't blame them.
If you're near a local establishment, see if they'll order specific products for you.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Hi Nick, welcome to the forums.

I order from the online seller "Just For Him" once in a while because they carry a few blends that I like, and I noticed that you only have to be 18 to order from them. So you might want to check them out, and also check out their own blends like Shortcut to Mushrooms, a nice english crossover type of blend that has a little latakia in it.

Good luck!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Sure! Lie about it. I'm selfish enough that I don't care about the company or its employees. Nothing selfish about that approach.
Nick: A lot of things suck about being 18. Many e-tailers use the location of your USP to determine the age requirement, kinda of a "bouncer" at the gate. Others follow what the local government where they are located dictates. So, suck it up, keep looking and aging.
My suspicions are that I'm feeding a troll. Which is usually entertaining.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
At the last pipe show, I was carded to get a sample of tobacco. I am only 50, but my hair is beyond grey. They carded everyone, regardless. Just not worth the risk.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Thank you for choosing Pipes and Cigars! As we’re sure you’re aware, you must be of legal age to purchase tobacco products and related items. Since these minimum age requirements vary by state, we use a third party company, Veratad Technologies, to assure that you are of legal age to purchase tobacco products. With the information provided, Veratad was unable to confirm your age in comparison with the information contained in their databases.
Someone said bouncer?

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Thank you for choosing Pipes and Cigars! As we’re sure you’re aware, you must be of legal age to purchase tobacco products and related items. Since these minimum age requirements vary by state, we use a third party company, Veratad Technologies, to assure that you are of legal age to purchase tobacco products. With the information provided, Veratad was unable to confirm your age in comparison with the information contained in their databases.
Someone said bouncer?
Interesting for sure, I was unaware.
You can always do what the "aged challenged" have done for years. Get someone you know that's of age to pull the trigger on the order for you and pay them back. This age requirements thing that floats between 18 and 21 is stupid.
If everything on the internet went according to plan, everyone would actually have read all the "terms and conditions" they've agreed to over the years. It works both ways.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've never been carded online. When the screen comes up saying check here if you're 18 or older.... did you try clicking yes? Smokingpipes just has you click a check mark saying you're over 18. What's the problem?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Just buy dope and unregistered guns and trade those to your friends for tobacco. I traded a Thai massage sex slave for two tubs of Mixture 79 last week.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey Nick check out the Free Pipe Project thread. I think we can accomadate and get you some tobacco.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/free-pipe-project

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
Just use your bank card and put your mom or dad's name and address. Thompson cigar is a good site with great deals. If you don't have a bank card ask family to buy it and pay them back. Where there's a will there's a way, friend.

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
We (tobaccopipes.com) have you enter your date of birth. But I gotta tell you guys, it gets tougher every year with the age verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.