PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheermeister

Lurker
Dec 2, 2012
I am having a hard time choosing my next tobacco to try. I have gone through the Frog Mortons and have to say that on the Bayou is my favorite tobacco so far. I prefer the full bodied latakias. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
If OTB is your favorite Frog, it could be that you have a taste for Perique. Why not try a VaPer?
Some suggestions would be Escudo, Marlin Flake, and Fillmore. There are plenty more in this wheelhouse.
ON the other hand, if Latakia blends with Perique are your thing, and you like Froggie, I would recommend Seattle Pipe Club's Plum Pudding.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I'll second the Nightcap, or some Penzance. Also I was recently introduced to Low Country Black(thanks Fnord!) and it's fantastic as well. Also F&K Lancer slices.

B

briarfanatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2013
Have you tried McClelland's Bombay Extra?
Or, Dunhill Nightcap(strong)or some 965 (a little milder).

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
If you like full latakia blends with a pinch of perique ala Frog Morton on the Bayou, try GL Pease's Quiet Nights.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
If you want a strong Latakia with some Perique, then I'd say Dunhill Nightcap. Some other strong Lats you might like are H&H 10 To Midnight, and Boswell Northwoods just to name a couple.

timpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Australia
Ashton Artisans blend and the new petersons Balkan Delight are both very good.

They both contain perique.
-Tim

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Dunhill's My Mixture 965. It has full flavor like Nightcap but not so much nicotine, though I like

Nightcap from time to time too. If you can get it -- you might have to phone because they don't sell

online I don't think -- Nat Sherman 536 is a pleasing full-bodied English blend. But there are so many

English Lat forward blends, you really have a wide choice and can likely find one that you find perfect.

Some blends are half or more Lat, if that's what you want to try.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I recently picked up a tin of Drew Estate...the Central Park Stroll...it's a very smooth and cool smoke with hints of chocolate and caramel...it's a nice easy smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.