Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmike

Lurker
Nov 1, 2019
Peterson Aran xl 02 Tobacco Pipe PLIP . Getting one for a present for Christmas from my son. I have a B42 I love. Any thoughts on the xl 02?

EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
I have 1 Peterson and it is a xl02 Shannon system bought by former for Christmas in 2000 or 2001. I prefer and I am lucky to have the system,because I now use rubber pipe bits. I have it as a keep sake and still smoke it around Christmas every year. Enjoy! And it too is my favorite shape for the Peterson.

Reactions: diamondback

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like my Peterson pipes a lot, maybe a dozen of them, and I like an extra large pipe, though I don't used them as much as medium size. I have only one P-lip, a 999 Rhodesian, which I like, but I prefer the fishtail bit. The P-lip puts more stem in my mouth, so I enjoy the one I have but wouldn't buy another. Just to complete the comment, I have also come to value small pipes for various reasons mentioned in other posts.

Reactions: diamondback

oldmike

Lurker
Nov 1, 2019
Thank you guys! I'm really looking forward to smoking this. Evidently no negative comments on the Aran line of Petes.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
My first "real Pipe" was a XL02. Still one of the pipes I go to on a regular basis. I like it. Mine is a red Killarney from the '90s. A bit unusual in that it is drilled as a System pipe.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Same as a System 302 which I prefer but the 302 is a bit big for me. I like the 303 or 03 pipe more.

oldmike

Lurker
Nov 1, 2019
Except the 302 is a System Pipe and the XL 02 is not. I'm smoking a beautiful 302 as I type this.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
I have a Shannon XL02 with a fishtail saddle stem. I smoke it all the time. It is my most cherrished pipe. I'm even thinking about getting another. I just plain love it.
Jef

Status
Not open for further replies.