PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Ill take this as an update to my mr snuff post (which still hasnt come in yet) Does any one else partake in the age old practice of snuff use? Its another antiquated form of tobacco use, so I figured i would bring it up, us pipe smokers are a bit different in our habits.
Thanks john

Jul 15, 2011
Guilty! I love snuff. I'll take a nice sniff of it when I sit down for a writing project. The nicotine helps my creativity, or at least thats what I like to tell myself. I love a good Menthol snuff and am pretty fond of coffee flavored snuffs as well. I also carry a little tin of snuff with me at work, and when I feel like I am ready to strangle someone, I can duck off into the bathroom and snuff a little and the nicotine helps to calm me down. I recently got my army buddy to start snuffing every once in a while as well.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
love the stuff. I dont't do it all day every day but I get on kicks where I just can't get enough. I love Fribourg and Treyer snuffs and I do tend to make my own from pipe tobacco. I usually lightly toast the pipe tobacco and then powder it in a coffee grinder.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
They all work good. Aromatics leave that wonderful perfumed smell in you nose and latakia and Virginia tobaccos leave their fingerprints in your brain all day. Super strong Lakeland tobaccos make exceptional snuff and really send you for a loop. 1792 friggs me right up for a few min and then leaves me feeling happy and mellow.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I use it, and love it! I really enjoy being able to enjoy getting the vitamin n hit while at work, and no one knows it.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
I've recently discovered that I like the stuff a fair bit. I've got a tin of McChrystal's Original that I've got a proper crush on. Love the sensation after a little sniff, the little rush, and the smell/taste.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I dont know about you guys, but for me, all things considered, its as enjoyable as my pipe. That is if you consider the time investment with the pipe and everything else. I guess what im saying is on the whoole I like my pipe, but factor in the time and maintenance aspect and they are very comparable.
If you havent tried snuff, listen to all the fine people above me andgive it a try. I really like wilsons licorice and anise flavors

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Big fan of WoS Honey menthol. Poschl's Red Bull (strong snuff) Is no joke. It has is a menthol blast and the nic hit is like it says STRONG.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Here is my snuff cellar:

100_5174.jpg

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I dabble a bit. I've tried a number of them, but my current cellar favorites are, Bernard Zwiefacher, Poschl Ozona Orange, F&T Old Paris, F&T Bourdeaux, McChrystal's O&G, Toque Natural Toast and Toque Lime Toast. These are the ones I plan to always have on hand.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
So far I have only tried one, but I think I really like it. Still waiting for my next order to arrive.

snuffmaster60

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
Im a daily user. Love Viking Dark, S-Gawth Black Coffee and German Schmalzlers. I have way 2 much as my wife would say, another hobby !!! Just placed a tobacco order from P & Cigars, Toost cav,HPCS-Pine grove. I do not know what to expect from that last one. Good snuffing and a huffing.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Plus snuff adds a whole new dimension to our unhealthy obsession with accessories and irrational spending. Snuff boxes, handkerchiefs and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.