PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Hi,
I was going through an old thread on the most famous pipe smokers and all of them are now deceased. Anyone familiar with any currently famous pipe smokers? I can't think of any. Can you? Thanks

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am famous and I smoke a pipe. What makes me famous you ask? When I type my name and do a google search, I am the only name that comes out. In the entire google universe, my name is unique.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
There are a few. Santa Claus, Popeye, Frosty the Snowman, and actress Eva Green and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger both claim to smoke pipes from time to time. Don't forget podcast guru Brian Levine and Kevin Godbee, inventor of pipesmagazine.com. Oh, and Jiminks, of course.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My wife and I were extras on Chicago Fire S2 E07 "No Regrets". They filmed about 10 minutes from our house at the Illinois Railway Museum. We were injured passengers on a train...you can spot us several times during the episode. That's my claim to fame.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I assume there is a list of celebrities, probably both men and women, who enjoy smoking a pipe, but almost no one wants to be associated with the health controversy so they leave the pipe home when they go to photo shoots, broadcasting gigs, or any public events. No one wants to be stereotyped as the children's health hazard. Haven't I seen a photo of Tom Hanks smoking a pipe, or am I misremembering. When caught, it is easy enough to say, oops, that was my annual bowl. Then there is another cadre of celeb's, like maybe Keith Richards, who would never want to be associated with anything so homey as pipe smoking. That would kill a rapper's street cred pronto.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My wife and I were extras on Chicago Fire S2 E07 "No Regrets". They filmed about 10 minutes from our house at the Illinois Railway Museum. We were injured passengers on a train...you can spot us several times during the episode. That's my claim to fame.
But, were you smoking a pipe in the scene??

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Stephen Fry quit years ago, he was a great ambassador of pipe smoking for ages, but he no longer smokes is my understanding.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I was in the DVD version of Hellraiser 3. I gave the cube to the fellow who became the evil Pinhead. And you guys thought typecasting didn't exist!!! :crazy: :nana: :rofl:

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Stephen Fry was a cigarette smoker who only occasionally packed a bowl. He has made some fun of the fact he was elected pipe smoker of the year in England, when he really wasn't.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Someone famous could "do" the pipe smoker, giving complete information on pipe brands and shapes and specific blends. It would be a mark of individualism and maybe a dusting of the intellectual/professorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.