Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
still my favorite car

Lotus_Esprit_Spy_Who_Loved_Me.jpg

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
Love the classic Brits! I owned a 68 Spitfire back in the day. Lord, what memories!

My dream car is a Jaguar XK 120, I think the 120's and the E type are the most beautiful cars ever made.

A few years ago I was shopping for a car for a cross country trip. I thought about a classic Triumph or MGB but as much as I love them I had to admit I wasn't 20 years old and spending all day in one of them just wouldn't have worked. I went with the Germans instead. But if I wasn't sure my wife would divorce me, I'd have one just for local drives.

octaviusasshamer, you're right about the smell! I guess Squadron Leader or Boswell's Northwoods would go nicley with your roadster.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
octaviusasshamer, that is a beautiful car! The best thing about those classic Brits is that no matter how terrible your day was, it is impossible to be in a bad mood when you hit the road in one of them.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We rebuilt the motor on the '79 MGB last winter and put over 3,000 trouble free miles on this summer. I hate to see summer come to a close and the top go up.....

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
I'm surprised no one has taken the thread title literally and photoshopped some big nuts onto the back of a mini yet.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
A good friend of mine had a bug eye back in the 70's and I loved brit cars since. I had a TR6 but it is long gone. I wish I still had it. I liked the Spitfires but they were a little slow for me. The Stag was a heart stopper in the day and I would have one now but they are hard to find without rust trouble. Most fun I had was a GT6+ a buddy of mine had, it was a chick magnet.
I think I will check eBay, I feel another 6 in my future.

Status
Not open for further replies.