PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taildraggin

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2019
Good tobacco and birds seem to go together. I'm not a birder, but at "a certain age", I do notice them more. I miss my red-wing blackbirds and mourning doves if they are not around, as well as the willets and oystercatchers.
This fellow is the best fisherman I've ever seen. An Osprey will take 10 mins to pick up a mossbunker, but this guy did it in the time it took me to change lenses (20 secs?). Both of them like to fly directly over me low after they make a catch. This guy circled me at 50' for almost 5 mins. I took 200 shots. They are better fishermen than me and take great joy in taunting. (He's also the size of a Cessna 152.)
eagle-4.jpg

f5rd2hy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2017
NV
Watched a Peregrine falcon that just took down a grackle a couple houses down from mine as I was driving out a couple weeks ago. The grackle was / seemed to be still alive.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Sure View attachment 6253

Low rez please do not copy. Or, if you must, please credit.

Blown out of his normal habitat he spent the summer in the area bonding with various Teals.
Wow! Did you see that falcated duck in Alaska? That is an exceptionally good bird for North America.

Edit: Looked back at the first page of this thread and see that you did indeed see this in Alaska. Nice bird!

Last edited:

ormazd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2018
Virginia, USA
I have several feeders in my back yard (mealworms, sunflower, nyjer, seed mix) and about 15 species visit regularly. Enjoy watching them from the sun room in the morning.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Damn, our ducks have flown and the coots are back. Around the house I see mostly hummers as that's what I want to see. But there's the occasional raptor, and always too many crows.

Status
Not open for further replies.