PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Since getting into straight razor shaving I've gotten 2 absolutely amazing deals. The first one was a Boker King Cutter straight razor for 20$ that is from the period between 1924-1935 according to the stamp, mint condition blade except for a broken scale. It doesn't even look like it was used and came shave ready. So then I was looking for a strop for a long time, last week I managed to find a genuine horsehide strop with no nicks or anything for 10$. The funny thing is these are stores where everything is overpriced and then you manage to come across something way underpriced. Finally had a good 2 pass shave today, I didn't have a quality strop so I really wasn't getting a good edge which results in unnecessary cuts and just an overall unpleasant experience. Anyone else have any antique store bragging??

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
My GF and I came across a nice 6 pipe rack with a storage box in a pretty sprawling antique store in Montana. She bought it a couple of days later, cleaned and finished it, and gave it to me for Christmas.
FX88WGM.jpg

She's the absolute best.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Antique stores are the way to go for instant gratification and no ebay shipping disasters. The nice lady running the store had no idea what this was:
meerguy_zps9f2753d5.jpg

meerschaumguy_zpsb6ac0b58.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've got to get back there soon and see if there are any new additions. The lady running the store was worried that the pipe was made of ivory. She had no idea what meerschaum was.
There are no markings on the pipe and the the carving is not the most intricate I've seen. For sheer size though, it is impressive. I wish it came with a case.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I found a Comoy bulldog and a Heritage straight grain at a junk shop. Cost me a whopping 10 bucks.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
I wish I could afford to wipe my ass with $ 100.00 bills.
Well, that only takes a couple hundred bucks if you don't flush them. Just rinse and put them back in circulation.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I forgot about this one but I picked up a Nimrod sportsman from an antique show for a whopping 3 dollars. My wallet never came out so fast.

briardan

Lurker
Feb 8, 2015
Sold it for $650. I may still have a pic in the archives. I will post it if i can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.