PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I walked into a local shop the other day that I've had some great luck with in the past and ended up having some more good luck! I picked up three pipes. (I cant get my photo bucket to work right now so pics to come)

The first is a Charaten's Make, Special, straight brandy, its in great shape! Needs a cleaning and the stem is oxidized. Next is a Larson, marked Larson Copenhagen Handmade, its a sandblast billiard with a pencil shank and is also in amazing condition, barely smoked and with oxidized stem. Lastly a Peterson Meerschaum I believe, as the texture is like drywall "popcorn" texture on it, and it has some good color to it. I think it is a 101,it is a very large bowl so I am not sure if that would change the shape number. The silver band says Peterson Dublin, Sterling Silver, and has the proof marks but I cannot read them easily. Will post pictures soon, in the meantime any other good resources for checking out the Peterson, I cannot really find much from Pipepedia. I also cannot find much about Peterson Meerschaums. The final price for the whole lot, $50!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I can hardly wait to see them!

I found a textured Peterson meer on http://pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-peterson-rep.html

meer1y.jpg

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
Load them on a file share site like Imgur, then pull the forum share links (usually in a pull down at corner of each picture).

Easiest way I've found.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
African Meerschaum is a relative of Turkish, more dense, heavier, and resistant to stain. Mostly found in Tanzania but difficult to find.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I believe that Peterson meerchaum pipe was made by Laxey pipes in the Isle of Man for Peterson,they made pipes for several makes including Barling's.

The later Sherlock Holmes series pipes were carved in Turkey for Peterson
https://pipedia.org/wiki/Laxey_Pipes_Ltd

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Ok, photobucket officially sucks.
Charatan Special
screenshot_2018-11-21-photobucket2-450x600.png

Larsen
screenshot_2018-11-21-photobucket1-450x600.png

Peterson
screenshot_2018-11-21-photobucket-450x600.png

Is tere a shape number on the Larsen?

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Also just realized that I posted this in the wrong thread. Thanks for all the comments I’m looking forward to enjoying these once they are cleaned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.