PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife has made up songs for each of our three cats. Our two Maine Coons have as their songs a parody of The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze for Fred, and A Bicycle Built for Two for Lefty. Our little American shorthair that moved down with my wife from Long Island has a song that is a perky melody with lyrics that are entirely her name Bella repeated. Okay for our cats. From time to time, brad has posted photos of his dog which is a specific breed called the Louisiana Leopard Catahoule. The Catahoule is so fun to say, it's been roving around my brain like a carefree dog for months, the verbal version of an ear worm. Irresistible.
So I have written a one verse song to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic to honor the Catahoule breed:
Mine eyes have seen the glory of this wondrous little dog,

he runs around the cane fields and every hill and bog,

he rearranges gardens and sticks his head in jugs,

his paws go marching on.

Glory, glory catahoula, glory glory catahoula,

glory, glory catahoula, his paws go marching on.
(Wild applause go here.)

Reactions: crawdad and Bengel

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most critters like being sung to. I guess they can hear it is happy vocalization.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I sing to my cat Mama, not the one in mybpic that's Charlie, Con te partiro, she seems to like it and doesn't critisize my horrible Italian. She also seems partial to Andrew Llyod weber tunes and bluesy southern rock like Tedeschi Trucks band. I also find most pets enjoy the Dead. ...that's all I ask of yoooooo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One time I took my harmonica to the zoo. It made the cougar restless. The alligators were indifferent. I started playing to an expansive field with an elk or two in the distance and pretty soon I had about twenty grouped in from of the fence listening closely. It felt a little like an Elks' Woodstock.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I saw a great welcome mat the other day.
Silhouette of a dog, it said, "Ring the bell and let me sing you the song of my people."
jay-roger.jpg

Reactions: crawdad

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jaytex, love the door mat quote. I'll have to see if the smart speaker can play us Ray Stevens' "Fred," which is the name of one of our three cats.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ray Stevens song "Fred" is great, kinda sad 'cause Fred gets killed by a truck, and fanciful in other ways, but true in essence. There's a real dog in there.

Reactions: headhunter
Status
Not open for further replies.