Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

danielplainview

Preferred Member
Mar 30, 2014
wv
I bought yet another 320. They smoke so nice and look pretty darn good too. This time, I bought the regular size. All the rest of my 320’s are EX size.

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
Ok here's where I get confused with the 320. I know there's a KS and an EX, and the KS is quite a substantial sized pipe itself. I've heard mention before of a regular 320. Is the regular 320 the KS? Because I've never seen one that wasn't a KS or EX. And if your new one is a KS then the EX is massive. My 320s are KS.
Edit to add: Oh yeah! Sorry :oops: Congratulations! It's a beautiful example of a 320. Enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

bonanzadriver

Nov 28, 2016
Those are beautiful!
I only have the one in my collection so far. The Rossi 320KS.
Here's a before...
https://i.imgur.com/9GSytLy.jpg?1
And an after...
https://i.imgur.com/eJR82IP.jpg

philobeddoe

Preferred Member
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I have three 320’s, two Estellas and a sandblasted Giubileo D’Oro and all three are marked KS, though the Estellas are about 30% larger than the Giubileo D’Oro.

danielplainview

Preferred Member
Mar 30, 2014
wv
@anthony

The new one doesn’t have a KS stamping. So I’m guessing they have a small, medium, large?
@Philo

I’d like to see that Estella. I love the rustication style of the Estella model.
Bonanza, nice work on that refurb!

piffyr

Preferred Member
Apr 24, 2015
Nice one, Dave. Congrats! The stem appears to be more straight along the bottom curve than what I'm used to seeing on a 320. Is that accurate or just a trick of the photo angle?

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Nice addition. Looks great!

I just sold my Savinelli 320 Trevi Smooth. It was a nice pipe, but the finish was wearing off, and the fills were really visible and it was annoying me. It will be a great pipe for someone else though.

noquarter

Jan 18, 2015
Nice! I have a 320KS Panama with the metal rim. Didn't realise how much bigger the EX actually is when compared with the KS.

@metalhead

Had a low end Pete with a fill or two popping out that also annoyed me, fixed it with a Sharpie.

coldsmoke

Nov 29, 2016
Nunavut
Nice addition. Which series is this from?

Also, damn nice stand.
I also have developed a soft spot for the 320 shape. I now have 2 Rossis and four Savinellis, from the Oscar, Champagne and unfinished series. I just added one from the Tris series but it's still in the mail.

I like vintage Savinelli 320s with vulcanite stems.
@NoQuarter, does your 320 have a vulcanite or acrylic stem? I've seen them listed with both.

cerfer

May 8, 2017
I love the shape/size, especially for Pease English blends. I have two Rossi Authors, a smooth Tundra, and a really interesting pipe that combines the 320 shape with the Canadian stem.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Sav authors in several sizes are collectively one of the most popular pipes of all. They're a little heavy for my whim, but they sure are pretty. I have a Pete, a Kaywoodie, and a Luciano author.

fitzy

Preferred Member
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Nice pipe. I've got a couple author shaped pipes and they are some of my favorites.
I like the idea of the 321 which is a smaller 320 the only problem is they tend to be too shallow.