Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Preferred Member
May 26, 2012
United States
I got lucky over the weekend and scored an estate Rad at a good price. It checks all the boxes in terms of size and weight. It is a group 5 and is in pristine condition. I am smoking some 2012 F&T Cut Virginia Plug for it's maiden voyage.

workman

Preferred Member
Jan 5, 2018
That's an interesting rustication. Looks like tree bark. Looks good too. May it smoke well.

cigrmaster

Preferred Member
May 26, 2012
United States
Thanks guys.
Workman, that is actually a sandblast. It really does look like tree bark. I don't believe I have another Rad blast quite like this one.

hawky454

Preferred Member
Feb 11, 2016
Like you needed another Rad Davis pipe, dude. It’s a beauty though and congrats! How many Rad’s do you own now?

npod

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2017
That’s great Harris. I know you’ve been commenting on not finding a right pipe to add to your collection. And I know from years of reading your posts how much you like Rad’s work. It appears the stars were aligned on this one.

pipehunter

Dec 20, 2016
That looks just like the one I sent off to Coopersark a few weeks ago. If it is the same pipe, I hope you enjoy it. Well, I hope you enjoy it, either way. It's a great pipe.

jaytex969

Preferred Member
Jun 6, 2017
By the color, didi, it cold be boxwood, just a WAG.
Nice pipe Harris. Guess I'll have to go find my own, since you aren't cracking on the Dublin.... :worship:

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
Harris introduced me to Rad pipes and knows how much I like them. He helped me find several of the Rads I've been able to acquire. Before he went after this one, he asked me if I wanted it first before he went after it. I'm happy you were able to get this one Harris. Harris has been my pipe mentor. He's steered me towards Ryan Alden now.