PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I just noticed that Tufftony is no longer registered on the forum. His past posts states he's "Anonymous Unregistered". How does this happen? Did he piss off the moderators? Did he request to be unregistered? In the 15 months that I have been on the forum I've never seen this happen. Just curious.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I doubt that anyone but a Mod or two knows.
It could be he was removed for transgressions. It could be he got pissed off and demanded to be removed. Interesting, if that be true, as I believe he was the one who started with "snowflake" mentions.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Amazing that someone could start an "I'm Back" thread laced with insults and then step on their proverbial dick.
I'm shocked. Shocked I say.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I told him it wasn’t going to end well. He kind of reminds me of my father... pissed off at the world because everyone else sucks except for him. Haha.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Hahah well presumably this thread will disappear too, but there's guys like that who join a board, piss everyone off somehow, then storm off to another board, piss everyone off there, then join another board, and do the same. Eventually they change their name (as TT did), and join another board, and piss off everyone there too.
This has happened on pipe (and guitar, and movie, and knitting...) forums for as long as pipe forums have been a thing. The tolerance level at some places is low, so the shelf-life is lower on some boards - but guys like this manage to find the edge and go right past no matter what the rules/spirit of the place are like.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
One thing about TT that was different from the other strange cases that have drifted in and out of this place is that he actually posed some very interesting topics. He may have been overly fond and desirous of social combat, but he also contributed in a good way.
So I gather that he was back, and now is gone. Sic transit gloria mundi.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
" fond of social combat, but he also contributed in a good way."
That's a nice term, Sable, "social combat", and I think that these things (meaningful contribution and social combat) often go hand-in-hand. People with expertise usually are happy to share their expertise, but it is also usually on their terms. This makes for a slightly combative environment often enough, and certainly people like George and myself are at home there - not looking for a fight, but believing very strongly that what we bring to the table is well thought out and backed by long experience/genuine data.
The line between being genuinely curious about controversial stuff and posting about controversial stuff just to see what happens (being a troll in other words) is not always clear, but the results usually are! :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Out of place here but totally typical, even restrained, for the internet at large. It's a venting place for the disturbed. As sable said, he had some contributions. Too bad he couldn't stick with that. People get isolated and their feelings fester. Then they go online. Yipes.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Amazing that someone could start an "I'm Back" thread laced with insults and then step on their proverbial dick.
I'm shocked. Shocked I say.
Summarized nicely by Ashdigger. He took a forum suicide pill a few months ago, so we can comply.

Status
Not open for further replies.