PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
On very rare occasions I run across a post from a member who doesn’t have a username except ‘Anonymous’ and he is ‘unregistered’, but yet has numerous posts. How can this be as I thought if you were not a registered member you would not be able to post?

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Yea I think it is from someone who has been banned in the past for some reason or another - or perhaps an account that was deleted

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Well if a person is banned, and or their account has been deleted that would still mean that they could no longer have the ability to post, or at least they should not be able to do so. After all... that is the purpose of having ones account deleted or being banned!

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
I haven't noticed anyone posting on active threads with that name. Is there a specific instance/thread you're referring to? Maybe a mod could answer this question if that's the case, lol

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I've seen it in old threads where a user has been banned for whatever reason. Never seen it in recent/active threads though.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Its posts they made while they were still members. Once banned or unregistered all previous posts turn to what you are seeing.
Yes, that's very well possible and something that did not occur to me. I've owned a run a forum site for some years now and if I ban a member it still gives their username, but below that it says 'Banned'.
Anyway, here is the thread and it's the 5th post down. http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/advice-needed-for-packing#post-633023

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Its the Ghost from The Pipe Tavern. He is said to have passed into oblivion when he smoked some wild tobacco growing behind the tavern. It had been growing among those funny mushrooms. His lost pipe traverses eBay and he follows it. Someone has apparently purchased his pipe and conjured up his spirit.
Thats all I know.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
The person in question was a very knowledgable piper that made a mistake. He is no longer with us and is truly missed.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
The person in question was a very knowledgable piper that made a mistake. He is no longer with us and is truly missed.
Have no idea who he is, but I can assure you that the members I've banned have never been missed by any of my member's. :wink:

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
If it is who I think @plateauguy is referring too, then I'd have to agree with him.
That being said, do not mention him further or this thread will be locked up.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
I think you are looking at Roth's old posts... Just because a member is banned, their posts stay on the board, they just can't post anymore.
Shutterbug

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Happily, I somehow missed the dust up in which Roth was excommunicated. He could be feisty, but he really

know a lot about pipes, tobacco, and, in his way, life.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Rothnh wasn't the only forum member who left or was banned.
If you look at the post totals, you can distinguish different individuals. If it's not in the 10,000 range, it isn't rothnh.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Not sure who it is, but it isn't Rothnh. He left us about 6 months ago and had a lot more posts. Personally, I miss his posts, but his departure was of his origination.
{whisper mode on] sure hope I don't show up "Anonymous" tomorrow...{whisper mode off] JUST A JOKE, FELLERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.