PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That's right boys and girls, you too can own one of these ...not sure what you would call it, but my 22 year old son thinks it is cool looking. Kind of reminds me of a golf ball.

ann-600x248.jpg

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
This made me laugh. Her work can be quite interesting to look at and seemingly unique but clearly, I know nothing about art because this piece, to me, looks like the work of a 4-year-old or the result of a prison therapy session. Dear oh dear, I mean, come on! look at this thing! £8825 worth of utterly fuggly.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have never seen a pipe worth that much money.

But that's just my cheap... sensibilities.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Obviously priced for something other than a good smoking pipe. Not that eye-catching to me. Pass me my MM cob.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jesse, I actually converted the price from the Danish DKK and I got a big discount from 75,000.00 to 60,000.00 being a tax free customer. Anyone from Europe has to pay 12,750.00.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am going to follow that pipe to see how long it takes to get sold.
Anyone want to start a betting pool? I will go first. I say it takes 1 year..3 months..7 days.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
cos, we talk about crazy looking pipes all the time, where did anyone say that Anne Julie doesn't know how to make a pipe? She is obviously a legend and I am sure she could care less what some guy on the internet says about her work. I am sure she knows people are going to have all types of different reactions to that pipe. I don't think anyone is belittling her, just making comments on a very non traditional pipe is all.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
It's not really against the rules to belittle a pipe, but it's definitely not very classy.
Perhaps but neither is the pipe.
cos, we talk about crazy looking pipes all the time, where did anyone say that Anne Julie doesn't know how to make a pipe? She is obviously a legend and I am sure she could care less what some guy on the internet says about her work. I am sure she knows people are going to have all types of different reactions to that pipe. I don't think anyone is belittling her, just making comments on a very non traditional pipe is all.
I'm inclined to agree.
Besides, if there's one thing I am certain of in 2018 it's that it doesn't matter how you feel or what you say, someone somewhere will get their dander up at your opinion. I'm for speaking honestly and freely and in my opinion, and that's all it is, that pipe is a minger.
I'm all for it though. It makes the pipe world that little bit more interesting and fun.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My 22 year old son has been cleaning my pipes for a long time so he gets to see all of my collection. I found it interesting that he thought the pipe was cool looking. I think the younger generation is more open to different looking things where as an old guy like me has much more traditional tastes.

menuhin

Oct 21, 2014
Perhaps if we use a macro lens to look at that rose-golf-ball bowl, each hole is perhaps the location of a single bird-eye grain. Just saying.
Anne Julie definitely has some interesting work as a modern female pipe maker, that her male counterparts dared not to do; because if the females talk about it, it's cool and daring; if the males talk about it, it's on the edge of being attacked as sexists. I've forgotten if the mouthpiece of this one pokes in the front or at the back (of the bowl), or perhaps it can go both ways.

anne_julie_-1.jpg

The younger Anne Julie, widowed at 27 and started pipe making.

Status
Not open for further replies.