PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchisthermit

Might Stick Around
Aug 31, 2015
Just heard that the sales of this fine tobacco has been put on hold. Russ Ouellette posted elsewhere that the sales have sunk to a point it is not economically feasible to continue it unless there is a huge price increase.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I'm willing to bet the inability to purchase 1.5oz to 2oz sizes did it in. I was on the fence about it for a year. When I finally gave in, its the only baccy that bites me. Tastes great, just bites after a few days.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I always kept my eye on it, but the tub purchase held me back. Also, it wasn't widely available and even at P & C it has been out of stock for some time. It would be hard for any blend to become economically viable that way.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
That's too bad. They don't have any remaining stock at all? I would have liked to try at least a bit of it. I stumbled across this blend just the other day browsing pipes and cigars. I noticed it was out of stock and that it was an editors choice tobacco on pipes and cigars dot com so I assumed it was one of those blends that sold out fast.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
I was under the impression that it was one of the older blends available. More or less a staple in a rotation. I never tried it though.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I think that he is directing his energy in this price category to the Missouri Meerschaum blends.
They come in small pouches. The one I tried has become a favorite.
I would try them.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Angler's Dream sold well for a few years, but sales gradually fell off. We couldn't do much in terms of cutting the price to promote it, since it was fairly low priced to begin with. If we have enough demand, we may have one or two runs per year made.
Russ

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's terrible! P&C told me not too long ago that Russ himself said that Angler's Dream production would continue. One of his few blends that I cared for.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I thought that we would continue the blend, but the cost per tub would go up significantly if we were to do smaller runs. That's why we're looking into doing one or two larger runs per year to save the blend.
Russ

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I think I still have some of this jarred up from my last tub. Should have bought a couple of tubs while I was at it.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
This is one blend I bought a tub of and did not repeat. To much cinnamon(or something like it?) for me. However, Russ is still a GOD in my book...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A lotof Russ's blends leave me with a bad aftertaste. Really enjoy Angler's Dream, Sweet Cask, and Classic Burley Cake.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
It's a shame to see a blend fall off the map. Unfortunately, I think it may be a victim of the vast number of choices that are out there, with new blends coming out every day., it seems. It is impossible to try every thing that comes out, and maintain favorites, IMHO. Point: I have a list with 80+ blends that I want to try. I have 122 different tobacco's in my cellar, with 60 different blends that I haven't tried yet. On top of that, I have 22 open tins and a dozen bulk jars of different things as well. Variety may be the spice of life, but I have decision overload.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I'm trying to narrow my choices down to 6 tobacco genres (1 blend of each genre) and stay there. I'll only reorder each blend when I get low.
Burley

Burley/Va

Virginia

Va/Per

English

Aromatic

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
+1 rigmedic1. Decision overload is a spot-on description.
Plugugly

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
In the meantime, I'm selling a tub for two million dollars. :nana: :crazy:

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Ordered some when it first came out and it wasn't for me. I still hope there is enough interest to keep it alive.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
A friend recently sent me some Anglers Dream and I really like it. Was planning to order some.

Status
Not open for further replies.