PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Well I just stumbled upon one of my first briar pipes. Its an old savenelli. Very chewed, somewhat charred and quite ugly. I hadnt seen it for a while, and probably hadnt smoked it for even longer. I just loaded it up and im about 10 minutes in. All I can say is that its comfortable...comfy. I remember it being a good pipe, but I was ambitious and moved on to better (bigger) pipes, and left this one alone for almost 2 years now. All I can say is that Im glad I found it, and even gladder I decided to smoke it.
John

Jul 15, 2011
I smoked my very first pipe the other day, my Dr. Grabow Omega. That pipe has a lot of sentimental value to me and is still a pretty good smoker despite all the bad rap that Grabows get.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I have several "old friend" pipes that always reminds me of certain situations I was in while smoking them, where I bought them, how much I paid or who gave it to me, etc. And in the case of a couple of very old estate pipes I purchased some years back, I've wondered what their "old friends" who owned them were like.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
agree 100% with jiminks, I am often taken back to another time when I pick up a pipe. I guess I generally identify memories with music and pipes.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I still smoke my first pipe and it is also a Savinelli. It was the pipe that began my journey and it will always have a place in my collection. My oldest son now smokes it more than I do, but I do still reach for it a couple of times a month.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I wish I still had my first pipe. At one time I got out of pipe smoking so I gave it to a friend.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
It is nice that your first pipe has good memories for you and that you still enjoy using it.
I still have a pipe that I gave to my father for Christmas. I still have fond memories of my dad using that pipe and the smell of the tobacco he used.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
In the 70s, I quit smoking a pipe (probably because I knew nothing about good tobacco). I gave my entire collection of pipe, including my fathers pipes and some grandfathers pipes away to a fellow pipe smoker. They weren't great pipes, and I have no regrets, but my 1st pipe was in that giveaway. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.