PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Having always had a preference for the stronger blends, I nonchalantly set about puffing this innocent looking rope. Here is my review:

If you are 6'6 hands like shovels,balls the size of water melons & lungs like a blue whale, this could be considered an all day smoke.

If you don't have to get out off your chair, look at anyone, talk to anybody or do anything, this could be considered an all day smoke.

If you live in a house on top of a mountain, with no roof or neighbours but with a wife, who's also your sister, then this is the tobacco for you!

Rough! Is one of the milder descriptives I would use.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
How would you compare it brown bogie if you've tried it? Apparently the pigtail is made for chewing.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Hello Andy, I haven't tried brown bogie I'm afraid, so no comparison there. I doubt very much the pigtail I have could be chewed, spat out yes, most definately, but not chewed.

It comes as a thin cigar like rope/pigtail which is very close to a pigs arse, which is very apt, as it tastes like one! Seriously though, the packet I have is Kendal brown pigtail full. Which would be too dry to chew I believe.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
It may have dried out too much then sitting on the shelf which would explain why it's so rough. I find ropes and twists to be pretty moist. Try rehydrating it. I find the secret to chewing rope is don't actually chew it, put a piece in and kind of suck it like a lozenge until it's really soaked, I don't actually bite into it until after about an hour. I find if you bite it right away then it becomes a mess in your mouth, it's actually quite enjoyable though once you get the technique down. I chew at work where it's no smoking. Pretty much anywhere there's no smoking I can chew and nobody knows unless I show them.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
I haven't searched anywhere other than P&C but what is this pigtail? Is it available under a different name?

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Pigtail is only available in the UK, if you look on mr. snuff and those sites it's a chewing tobacco.

Dutch Pipe Smoker

(arno665)
Apr 3, 2013
The Netherlands
dutchpipesmoker.com
I also had it, bought it when I was in the UK. This stuff is just.. Whoah... You can use it for chewing or smoking. When smoking it has a real BBQ aroma and taste. Besides that it tastes a bit like candle-wax in my opinion.. And it packs a very, very healthy dose of nicotine. My girlfriend fled from the living-room when I smoked it..

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Simon, by all accounts Sam Gawith's Brown Pigtail is even stronger!
I am actually smoking right now some Brown Bogie that I had to cut 70/30 with some Curly Cut as the BB on its own is a bit too strong for me so I doubt I'll be ordering any pigtail.
Regards,
Jay.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I'm sure some one can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the only difference between the pigtails and the bogie is the twist diameter?

Status
Not open for further replies.