PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Tabac Manil semois is readily available from online vendors. I find it to be a finicky smoke but, as @npod says, a nice change on occasion. What interests me is that this article was published in 2013. I wonder whether the NY Times would publish an article like this today. I fear not.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We were well into the anti-smoking age when the article first appeared. I think it was exotic enough, and seemed remote enough, that the NYT felt insulated from the health crusaders. I sure never expected to get a taste of it. But the article was well-written, and there is enough of a market for pipe tobacco, that one thing led to another. I assumed I'd have to travel there and might have a hard time tracking it down anyway. Likely, the editors thought so too.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I'd read the article previously. I've smoked a couple of the Tabac Manil versions and really enjoy them. I'd like to try some of the other Belgiuim tobaccos mentioned above.

bazungu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2018
Next time I am in Belgium on a Thursday for the local market (that might take a few months though), I will try to get a hold of some Belgian tobaccos and perhaps distribute some samples here on the forum if there is any interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.