PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This availability business has been a curious on-again/off-again situation, but I'm assuming something isn't listed as "In Stock" unless it actually is.
So, I went ahead and ordered it, and received a confirmation email which says it will be DELIVERED either the 11th or 12th (this coming week).
I'll report back when/if it arrives.

lawdogspipes

Might Stick Around
May 19, 2010
This availability business has been a curious on-again/off-again situation, but I'm assuming something isn't listed as "In Stock" unless it actually is.
So, I went ahead and ordered it, and received a confirmation email which says it will be DELIVERED either the 11th or 12th (this coming week).
I'll report back when/if it arrives.
Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Right now it looks like they have stock on hand.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've got a copy coming in from our local library branch. They ordered it at my request! I'm hoping it gets checked out frequently =)

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Mine arrived yesterday. Nice cameo georged. I hope you get some royalties. :)

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Nice cameo georged. I hope you get some royalties. :)
You mean I was in the background of a shot? I think half the world's pipe smokers would qualify for that. :lol: The film maker used one of those pro steadycam harness things, and he was followed around by someone with a boom mic, and another guy with a clipboard or similar. They were like a UFO of curious aliens hovering and gliding around the Chicago show several years ago, seemingly filming everything. After a while everyone just tuned them out.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
They were like a UFO of curious aliens hovering and gliding around the Chicago show several years ago, seemingly filming everything
:rofl:
And yes, just a quick glimpse of you - maybe a second.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Finally had the chance to watch this, and really enjoyed it.
I thought it succeeded in depicting the rich tradition behind the art and craft of pipe making...not by a dry presentation of the technical details, but instead humanizing it by focusing on the personal lives of the makers they highlighted...their personal journeys, sentiments, routines, etc...and their family stories.
I think even a lot of non pipe smokers would find it interesting and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.