PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
"Multiple errors, multiple apologies, and everything fixed. What a great retailer. Seriously, this is a company worth supporting, in my opinion."
"The vendor has made good by honoring its promotion as written. They're a stand up group."
Yup, Smokingpipes.com rocks and has my business (small, that it may be).

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
When I read the OP I knew EXACTLY how this was going to turn out. Smoking Pipes dot com is, in my experience, the very best player on the scene. The entire Laudisi empire is dedicated to pipe and the ethos of customer service and fair play is evident in everything they do.
I have never had an interaction with any of their arms -- online, at the shop in SC -- that wasn't more than satisfactory. more than that, the company is GOOD for pipe smoking writ large. (As their thoughtful acquisition of Peterson demonstrates.)
Bravo Zulu, SPC!!

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Handled as it should have been handled and shows just how small a community it is when "the" guy comes on to make it right. Really there is no other option but to accommodate.
I also do 95% of my shopping with them and have been impressed with their operation.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Thank you everybody for your comments. When posting I did want to see if I was being unreasonable or not and there were a mix of opinions and I took on board both sides of the argument since I was open to being deemed unreasonable if it swung that way.
Also a big thanks to Chuck and Shane for helping here, in the big picture one tin of tobacco is not significant, it was more the principle at the core of the issue. I guess when I originally did contact the customer service department, they should have explained why the estates were not included and I had hoped they could point to a disclaimer rather than just say no, does not apply but you got a good deal anyway. They should have at least given you guys a heads up so you could have added the disclaimer while the promotion was still live.
Many thanks to all!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I'm with crash, ccw, 'lex, & 'joe. We all make mistakes, & usually don't even notice it till somebody grumps. SPC is amazing, period, & rightly deserves their stellar rep. If I weren't already a VERY satisfied repeat customer, the prompt & 115% customer-friendly attitude exhibited would be more than enough to turn me into one.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Was there a free tin in your cart? No.

So then, did you get a free tin with your order? No.
Seems like an awful lot of effort here just to shame SP out of free stuff.
Just my opinion.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
If you go to a store because of a 20% sale for items, but then are told items you have are not covered, even though there's nothing in the advertisement about certain items not being included, wouldn't you complain about it? I know I would and have before. It's not right and you could be accused of false advertising. Just because it's not included when added to the cart, doesn't mean it wasn't supposed to be and it was just a mistake. Never hurts to ask, and if I'm going to buy something only for the reason of a deal, and they don't give it to me, I'm asking somebody why, especially if it could even be remotely possible that something slipped through the cracks on their end. Just how I've always thought of it.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
SPC showed what a class act they are on the way they handled this. Like Forn, I do most of my business with SPC and since they opened, I have only had one issue and it was the carriers fault, not SPC. They followed through and I had my pipe the next day.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
When I read the OP I knew EXACTLY how this was going to turn out. Smoking Pipes dot com is, in my experience, the very best player on the scene.
Agreed. They worked out a pipe issue for me that was partially my fault. If they would have said "no", I would have understood but they went out of their way to fix the issue.
They're the best and that's why they get 90% of my pipe/tobacco business.

Status
Not open for further replies.