PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Pegasus is a good all day blend to me, much like Ray above. But my ultimate all-day blend is Cornell & Diehl Three Friars. It's easy to smoke, stays lit well, and has a very consistent taste throughout the bowl, so if I zone out for a bit, I don't feel I've missed something

Reactions: BROBS and kurtbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My dad smoked all day and all year, and only Granger. I smoke about one bowl a day, with days off, so I hear/read "all-day-smoke" as a blend or single-leaf you'd smoke any time all day. I know that's not exactly what is meant, but it is a similar idea for moderate smokers. For that purpose, I like non-aromatics like Old Joe Krantz, English Luxury, D&R Two Timer, Tabac-Manil Semois, and Russ' Log Cabin, among many others. Nice taste, not overbearing, consistent, suited to most pipes, readily available, even burning, not requiring many relights, with enough complexity to stay interesting.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Sometimes I'll go a week or two without smoking anything so there's no such thing as an all day blend in my world.

I always took Jim's description to mean you could smoke it all day if you wanted to since it wouldn't overwhelm you.

The only "more than once a day smoke" I would care for is Sutliff Sweet Virginia but even that I wouldn't smoke repeatedly.

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
I rarely smoke the same blend twice per day. Why would i? I don't eat the same food all day long. I don't drink the same drink all day long. Why would I smoke the same tobacco all day long?

On those rare days that I can spend the day lounging on the porch, I even stack my blends progressively. Start with a burley or dark fired, then a VaBur, a VaPer, maybe a BurVaPer, a Latakia, end with an Oriental. Rarely go the other direction because I like to add a new layer or type to each taste. If I start off with a good English, it seems to ruin my palate for less complex blends afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.