PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I read the book that this new TV series is based on quite a few years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I've been looking forward to this show. Saw the first episode last night and liked the whole feel of the show. Yeah, it's a dark story, so it fills the void until Taboo comes back. Nicely filmed and acted, showing the "new" ways of solving crimes using the sciences of psychology, forensics and finger printing. Even had some clay pipe smoking, as well as a very grown up role for Dakota Fanning! Looking forward to more episodes.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Fantastic period piece and story. Love seeing all the old style buildings, clothing, and all the various cigar and pipe smokers. Can't wait for the story to unfold. Well acted, and artistically photographed. Actually, worth watching.
Frank

NYC

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
One of my favorite books of all time, but I don't get any live TV.
Bummer.
I'll have to wait until it comes to Netflix or Amazon.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I read The Alienist and Angel of Darkness, and boy were they good. I can't wait to watch this entire series.
As an aside, the author, Caleb Carr, wrote a Sherlock Holmes novel (with the approval of the A. C. Doyle estate!) entitled The Italian Secretary. I encourage any Holmes fans out there to give it a read. I enjoyed it as much as the stories in the original canon.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Now, I must read these books, too.
BTW, also enjoyed "Shutter Island"... both movie and book. Movie almost exactly follows the book.
Frank

NYC

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Bingo! Brad, thanks. Indeed, TNT is Ch 245 on DIRECTV®, and it'll (re)air tomorrow at 9 PST. And on Monday 6 PST ep 2 will air, and my series link will kick in for the rest.
PS It— Ep 1— re-airs 8 times through Saturday for those who might want to record or see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.