PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
A tobacco worthy of its name. A true artisan work. When you first open the tin, you are cordially welcomed by an aroma of Syrian Latakia and orientals.. Followed by a very dark well cut chunks of tobacco. The moisture content is acceptable, though a bit of drying may be your thing. I never needed to, though. It packs easily but preferably in a wide and stout bowl as the chunks of baccy are not quite ribbons but rather square chunks. Once packed it lights with a bit of effort but it stays lit. The first draw is absolutely astounding, with an open bouquet of flavours from the Latakia and Orientals followed by the lovely rich virginia and later a tad of spiciness from the perique. It burns quite cool and is reduced to ash with little dottle, even in briar. No moisture noticed either in briar or Meerschaum. It has a strong room note and those who do not smoke will glare at you for it. But for the pipe smoker, it only provided a beautiful, smooth and quite creamy smoke with a strong, woody, smoky room note. Definitely one of the finest tobaccos out there
Pipe Used: SMS block Meerschaum hand carved
Age When Smoked: Fresh tin

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Great Review!

Your experience is spot on with mine. I love how all the different leafs play with each other in this......... Its fun to pick out the flavors in this one. I've smoked some with 4-5 years on it and it gets even better! One of the best out there IMO....... :puffy:

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Thanks. I enjoy it quite a lot..definitely will stock up on it as soon as I can..

And I assume the virginia and perique will age excellently and add flavour to it

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I found this blend was better with age, also there is a lot of talk about there being a nice helping of cavendish in this blend. Your descriptions nails it though, Creamy definitely comes to mind. Did you notice any cavendish in the mix, while smoking? Cavendish is hard for me to place in a blend. I love 965, but damned if know for sure what the cavendish does.

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
@perdurabo I don't think I found any Cavendish..It has a distinct taste.. Quite sweet in general.. Most coins I have tried have a core of cavendish so I got accustomed to the taste, and it isn't present for me. And the blend notes doesn't mention it as well.. So its either their secret ingredient or it's just a myth

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Ahmad, I really enjoy all your reviews, both here and on tobaccoreviews. This is something that sounds right up my alley. I'll definitely being trying it.

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Ahmad, I really enjoy all your reviews, both here and on tobaccoreviews. This is something that sounds right up my alley. I'll definitely being trying it.

Thanks, I am flaterred

Status
Not open for further replies.