Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
It is nice sometimes to buy new tobacco and get aged stuff instead.
I bought some Vintage Syrian from Milan Tobacconists and got a 4 year old and a 3 year old tin in my order.
Then I bought 4 tins of London Mixture from P&C and they were 4 years old.
I like it.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I ordered McClelland's Syrian Star from P&C last week and when it arrived, the tin was dated 2009.
Very nice but rare occurrence.

juanruiz

Lurker
Aug 19, 2015
Just out of curiosity, is it possible for tobacco to age in a hermetically-sealed tin?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some have stated that opening a tin is "bad" for the true aging process. Heat speeds things up, oxygen changes things, but that's about all I know at this point. I am pretty sure there's info out there on this, but I leave my tins to age unopened, and if bulk, put in sealable glass jars.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
That's one great thing about the b&m's around here- aged baccy on the shelves. My best finds were 4 year old tins of Skiff mixture and McC Oriental No. 1, plus there were some 3 year old Dunhill tins. A lot of stuff on the shelves has 1 or 2 years on it. I have yet to get anything like that online, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I bought some McClelland Virginias from 4noggins once and they arrived 2 years old already!
But my FAVORITE? I have a friend who know everywhere to look for Esoterica who has recently sold me tins of TIllbury and Dorchester for $10 each and were already 1 and 3 years old :)

Status
Not open for further replies.