PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafterman

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2011
I get home from work around 4:30 pm. I really want to have a bowl, but I am hungry, and don't care to smoke on an empty stomach. So, I get myself a chunk of braunschweiger, a chunk of extra sharp cheddar, a handful of crackers, and 2 cans of Pabst. After eating, and drinking 1 can of beer, I load up a bowl, usually with MacBaren HH Highland, and start puffin', while finishing my 2nd can of beer. It is absolute bliss.
Care to share your routine?
-Travis

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I dont like to smoke on an empty stomach either. Im much thr same way, I like to enjoy a bowl in the shed out back, looking over the south forty. I smoke about 2 bowls a day. Half of one on the drive to work and half on the drive home. Then, one in the evening. But, if I could, I would smoke more. Cant wait till I retire. I plan to just sit and smoke. :D

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Still new to the pipe world but so far my routine is 1-2 pipes a day. 90% is 1 pipe. And it usually occurs after work. I come home and maybe make some food, take out 2 lawn folding chairs and toss em outside so I got something to sit on and something to rest my precious feet upon(can't smoke in the house :crying: ). Light up a pipe with some tea or beverage of choice. I will usually have a book to keep myself entertained. If I don't have a book I will turn on NPR :D

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
One bowl when I get up then a pot of coffee with bowl two, then I start smoking for the day. :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm a patio smoker, so as soon as I get home, it is a glass of iced tea and the pipe. After dinner, I'll smoke another bowl or two. I'm fearing the onset of Fall as that will cut into my relaxing smokes. The last few days, with the heavy rain and wind, I smoked in my garage workshop where I'm currently refurbing an old pipe stand. I need to get a stool for the garage for winter use, that will be my only respite come cold weather.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I usually get home from work around 16:30 or 17:00, take the dog out, have dinner, a shower, brew coffee and then enjoy a bowl with said coffee while watching TV.

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
As soon as I come home i generally eat, pour myself something cold and pack a pipe. Thankfully I smoke inside so I generally browse through the forums or watch pipe vids on youtube.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Ace 57 and I are on the same schedule. Can't even think about morning coffee before I've had the first bowl. Then my smokes for the day commence.

jar15a1

Might Stick Around
Aug 13, 2011
I work the night shift at the NATO command center in Kabul. So I get up at 5pm and finish breakfast (dinner menu) then have 1 bowl and watch the Kalidescope of NATO uniforms walking by before starting at 7pm. At 130am, I go on break and sit outside the HQ and look up at a star-filled Afghan sky and enjoy the absolute quiet. Then back to reality...

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
Funny thing.... just got home from work, having a maker's/coke and a bowl of Deep Hollow.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
My other addiction is coffee so the first thing I do when I get home is brew myself a cup. I then take my brew out on the patio and smoke. I have never been able to smoke inside so I guess after ten years of smoking I am used to smoking in the cold. Nothing better for deep thought than smoking outside in the snow.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Most of my smoking actually goes on at work. But I just smoke whenever I feel like it. No particular routine.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I don't smoke daily, more like once every 10 days or so. My wife freaks when she sees me heading for the pipe stand.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Jar15a1: I guess staring at night sky with your hand being warmed by some briar works all over the world. I'm glad you can steal a few peaceful moments from the fray, I bet they don't come often.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Work is a four letter word to me! I'm with Arthur,have my first bowl after the coffees made and my last before I hit the rack.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I also usually smoke my last pipe of the night at work. I have the only key to the roof, which I call the "Officer's Club" (Cos it's just me and Captain Black, usually). I smoke a bowl in my MM Legend with the vulcanite Uncle Arthur stem and feel the cool breeze. Then I head down, get zee paperverk in order and take off on the motorcycle for home.

Status
Not open for further replies.